Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85230 - 09/04/09 12:36 PM Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
Do any of you have a recommendation for a place for us to eat our first day/night in Torremolinas within walking distance of Hotel Isabel? It would be appreciated!

#85237 - 09/06/09 07:42 AM Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel [Re: Denise 2009]
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Denise

I don't know the area of Torremolinos where your hotel is, but I'm sure you wont have a problem finding somewhere good to eat what with all the seafood restaurants on the Carihuela and in the main streets of the town too.

There's a really inexpensive and enjoyable family run restaurant called Lanjaron (and it's sister/brother Nuevo Lanjaron), but it could be on the other side of town from you? Not that it's particularly far to walk anywhere.

New Lanjaron on Trip Advisor

It's in a non-touristy, more residential part of town.

Hope you enjoy your stay. Torremolinos is underrated in my opinion - tarred by it's reputation from overexpansion of hotels and toursism etc.

Jo

#85239 - 09/06/09 01:14 PM Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel [Re: Jo-Anne]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've never been to Torremolinos either, Denise 2009. Sorry! I imagine most of our message board members aren't familiar with it either - or they're still on holiday/vacation and haven't seen your thread yet. Sorry!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85255 - 09/12/09 05:11 AM Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel [Re: MadridMan]
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Denise

I'd be interested to hear where you ended up eating in Torremolinos. I'll be back there for Semana Santa next year ... so any new recommendations would be good.

Don't suppose you went to Lanjaron did you? I'll be partaking several times when I get there :-)

Hope your trip was succesful and fun.

Jo

#85256 - 09/12/09 04:09 PM Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel [Re: Jo-Anne]
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
We ate at several places. Nothing very excellent. Went to a BBQ place on the beach strip that was not bad though. The prices have all been much more reasonable than we expected. And regardless of what they say, at this time of year Torremolinas was very family oriented. I could write a review of the Hotel Isabela too. And Julia Tours *LOL* Where should I start? Maybe I'll wait until we finish with Madrid and Barcelona. I could offer to be a 'guest' writer on MM's blog - but my stories would not be near as good as his!

#85258 - 09/13/09 06:58 AM Re: Torremolinas eatery near Hotel Isabel [Re: Denise 2009]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Glad you are enjoying it Denise :-)

MM, perhaps having a guest writers who wrote about their trips or experiences living in Spain wouldn't be a bad idea?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2064 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments