Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84488 - 05/28/09 03:33 AM Barça: Champions League Champions 2009
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Congratulations to F.C. Barcelona for beating Manchester United last night in The Champions League Final in Rome, 2-0.

While I'm not a big football/soccer fan, I try to watch "The Big Games" just to stay connected. I must say I enjoyed it for the most part, particularly the scores and near-scores. The rest of the back-and-forth, well, I could've done without that part. hehehe... Still, it was fun to watch.

Seeing King Juan Carlos of Spain and Prince William sitting nearly side-by-side was interesting, as was the excited reactions by José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero (Spain's President). I was somewhat surprised to see the "fired" ex-president of Real Madrid there, Ramón Calderón.

It was fun watching the after-game ceremony, seeing people holding signs, IN ENGLISH, saying "Catalonia IS NOT Spain!"

So once again, Congratulations F.C. Barcelona!!! clap You've made Catalonia - and also Spain - very proud of you.

Saludos, BarcelonaMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84495 - 05/28/09 01:43 PM Re: Barça: Champions League Champions 2009 [Re: MadridMan]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Seeing Berlusconi asleep was not surprising though, at least it made prime time tv for all to see.

#84497 - 05/28/09 02:08 PM Re: Barça: Champions League Champions 2009 [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Oh I dunno, Daniel, normally he's hyper. Even the queen couldn't shut him up recently.

Well done Barca, I'm normally for the UK clubs but their football has been so entertaining this season they are worthy winners.

#84498 - 05/28/09 02:43 PM Re: Barça: Champions League Champions 2009 [Re: Jamongris]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
I am actually in Barcelona at the moment so after watching the game I made a quiet exit back to the hotel, while some colleagues went to celebrate. I got plenty of stick this morning about it in the office.

#84503 - 05/29/09 03:17 AM Re: Barça: Champions League Champions 2009 [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
well the boot is on the other foot here in Manchester, after having it rammed down our throats how good/great utd are, the stick we are giving to them is great, all though a lot are conspicuos by there abscence, outclassed is a very good description,
oh how good is it being a Bolton supporter on nights like that

#84556 - 06/09/09 08:54 AM Re: Barça: Champions League Champions 2009 [Re: billy the man]
singapursiti Offline

Loc: Singapore
Yeeey!!!! Ole mi Barça!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1920 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments