Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33816 - 03/28/08 11:45 PM Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
I'm heading to Madrid in 2 weeks. I plan to head out to las Ventas on April 13. Any suggestions on the easiest way to purchase tickets? I've always had the purchasing done for me by Madrilenos and I'm on my own this purchase. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Websites? seating? Is it worth it to purchase ahead of time? HELP!!
Thanks in advance!
Debbie

#33817 - 03/29/08 05:03 PM Re: Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I live just around the corner from Las Ventas Plaza de Toros and am a regular at the corridas .. I buy the tickets direct from the box office at Las Ventas .. Tickets normally go on sale about 9 days before the fight ( usually on a Friday ) . Many Madrilenos wait until the last minute , and for a big-name fight , the queues will be sizeable on the day of the fight . I generally buy my tickets about a week in advance , giving me the choice of seating and peace of mind ! www.las-ventas.com is the official website and has links to buy tickets on line . Feel free to contact me for more info . Tickets can cost between 4 and 120 Euros approximately . I recently paid 40 Euros and got a wonderful seat .. 2 rows from the front and right infront of the toreros themselves . Seating is a little complicated but I can explain that too if you need . Steve

#33818 - 03/30/08 11:50 AM Re: Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Sounds like I have alot of work ahead of me. I'll be arriving from the states the morning of April 13. I want to have everything in place since I'm traveling with a first timer to Spain who has NO patiences. From past experience, las Ventas can be crazy if you don't really know the specifics to purchasing tickets. Communicating in Spanish is no problem. I just need to have all the specifics to purchasing down so I don't look like a fool. Can you guide in as to what I need to ask for? The more details... the better I am. I recall seating to be complicated as well. Is there a chart I should look over before purchasing? I know that sun vs shade can cause the prices to vary. I'm going to look over the website you sent me and hopefully, many of my questions will be answered. I GREATLY appreciate any help you can send my way! Many thanks in advance!!!!!!! smile Debbie

#33819 - 03/30/08 10:02 PM Re: Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

The two times I've been to a bullfight we sat in "sol" and we were fine. The weather wasn't too warm and it was nice to be in the sun. That said, I don't know how to actually choose a good seat. Hopefully Steve will have some good answers for you. (Perhaps you can email him or send him a private message)

As for going with someone who has no patience, I hope he or she is ready for the less-than-punctual way of life in Spain! Since you have been to Spain before, you must be aware of this, but I know some US folks can get very upset with the slower pace there!

#33820 - 03/31/08 08:25 AM Re: Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
On the las ventas website click on precios y planos , and it will give you prices . The corrida on the 13th is a novillada so you wont have any problems getting tickets on the day , Go an hour before the start if you want to avoid the rush , I usually go a half hour and dont have any problems . Ruben Pinar is a star of the future

#33821 - 03/31/08 04:40 PM Re: Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Yes Eskimo Joe's right that it's a novillada on the 13th ( slightly younger , smaller bulls and less experienced toreros ) . I've been to quite a few of these and they can be very dramatic so don't worry that it's not a full corrida . That 41 euro ticket i talked about last time will only cost you about 20 Euros for a novillada ( approximately half price ) . My ticket was " tendido bajo 8 , sol y sombra , fila 2 " that translates to " Lower section 8 , sun and shade , row 2 " . That's where I generally try to go as you are right infront of where the toreros warm up and congregate .. great for photos ! As I said , I live just a few minutes walk from the plaza de toros .. If you need some direct help you can contact me . Steve ....... Eskimo Joe - are you a regular at Ventas ? Maybe we could meet one day after the corrida for a drink ! Steve .

#33822 - 04/02/08 05:46 AM Re: Madrid: purchasing tixs for Las Ventas?
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Id be up for that Steve , ive sent you a pm

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1853 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments