Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33593 - 06/10/07 06:03 PM Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
David_H Offline

Loc: UK
I will be in Madrid this weekend.I hoped to see Real Madrid,but of course it is now almost impossible to get a ticket without paying a fortune to a tout.Does anyone have a suggestion for a good bar to watch the match against Mallorca on Sunday night ,when Madrid will probably be crowned as champions?

#33594 - 06/11/07 12:57 PM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
edu_lucero Offline

Loc: barrio de lucero, madrid
There are plenty of pubs with huge TV screens to watch a soccer match, but there is a restaurant called 'Locos por el fútbol' in Principe Pio station. It's located next to the outside entrance. I hope you enjoy the match as I'll do.

¡Hala Madrid! :jump:

Edu wave

#33595 - 06/11/07 03:20 PM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT question. As edu_lucero says, you won't have ANY problem finding a bar showing the Real Madrid game on TV.

In fact, you could likely stand in ANY POINT in Madrid and throw a tennis ball (for example) in any direction and probably hit a bar which will be showing the match.

As far specific bar recommendations, I say try to find one full of Spaniards for the best experience. Go to Huertas, for example, and choose one of the tiny bars which fits only 10-20 people.

You would get "more" atmosphere by choosing a bar around the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium but expect those to be FULL FULL FULL, BURSTING at the seams.

Enjoy the game!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33596 - 06/11/07 04:49 PM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yeah definitively around santiago Bernabeu stadium,and paseo de la habana;
I am trying to get lose from work to be at Cibeles
Hala Madrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33597 - 06/11/07 04:59 PM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pedmar, prepare yourself with regards to Plaza de la Cibeles. They ALREADY have the entire fountain surrounded with walls of steel bars to keep anyone/everyone from thinking about dancing in the fountain's water (or re-stealing Cibeles' scepter) after a big win.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#33598 - 06/11/07 05:59 PM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
David_H Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks for the suggestions.Last time I was there,I went to a bar near La Latina station,on a hill.I dont remember the name,and am not sure I can find it again.You are right,MadridMan.It would be good to watch the game with some "real" Real suopporters

#33599 - 06/15/07 10:44 AM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
Darrell Offline

Loc: Littlehampton, UK
Hi,

I too will be in Madrid this weekend, with my 13 year old son, and we were hoping to get to see Real Madrid, but because of the championship situation, that seems impossible.

Is there likely to be a big screen showing of the match in any of the squares, does anyone know?

Regards,

Darrell

#33600 - 06/15/07 04:47 PM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
do not worry it will be a blast!!! yes they have many restrictions now, even the great RAUL willbe lifted to just touch it. Its a symbol of Real Madrid and Madrid!!!
I willl look like a 13 yrs old too lol!!! madness!!!

#33601 - 06/16/07 11:05 AM Re: Madrid Bar to watch football this Sunday
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

And if you can't watch the game live or on TV in Madrid or Spain, I'm pretty sure you can catch it on TeleMadrid SAT online as well as listen to it on Onda Madrid radio among other Spanish radio stations online. Find links to all of the above @ http://www.MadridMan.com/multimedia.html . Enjoy! Go Real Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup xfingers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2427 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments