Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#33153 - 07/06/06 10:28 AM Salamanca: Excellent restaurant
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I just had lunch at an amazing Italian restaurant in Salamanca (city)! The restaurant is called Stravaganza and it is on calle Clavel, 6. Phone number 923 614 333. They have a menu del dia that is excellent. Choice of 4 appetizers, and 4 main dishes, dessert, and wine for 12 euros.
The food was high quality, delicious and beautifully presented. We ate outside on the terraza, but it is extremely modern and classy inside. (The bathrooms were so gorgeous too!)

We had delicious salads as first courses and lasagna with a good red wine and bizcocho de limón (lemon merengue pie) for dessert. With coffee, tax and tip it was 30 Euros for two people. I recommend this restaurant highly for anyone visiting Salamanca. It is one block from the Plaza Mayor too.

#33154 - 07/06/06 11:08 AM Re: Salamanca: Excellent restaurant
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

When I visited Salamanca last year I stayed over night. But I was too busy so I skipped dinner.

Three things I remember the most about Salamanca.

1 - I think Salamanca’s Plaza Mayor is much more beautiful than Madrid’s.

2 - Salamanca is very beautiful at night. Many of the landmarks are bathed in a warm light. Very romantic I think and enjoyed walking around late at night.

3 - The amount of time I wasted trying to find the astronaut. I had to wait for a tour groups to show up so I would know were to look. But I will admit I did feel stupid when I saw it but it was fun searching for it. thumbsup

Bill

#33155 - 07/06/06 10:02 PM Re: Salamanca: Excellent restaurant
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Bill,

Did you find the lucky frog on the skull too????? Your post brings back some fond memories of Salamanca smile

#33156 - 07/07/06 11:33 AM Re: Salamanca: Excellent restaurant
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Gretchen6

Yes I did, found it early in the morning. Did not help because I was unlucky searching for the astronaut.

Bill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1417 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments