Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32926 - 03/16/06 06:09 PM discovering bilbao
jon Offline

I highly recommend a visit to Bilbao not only to see Gugenheim Museum(is great)but if you like good cuisine you canīt miss this city.
Is dificult to resume a gourmet weekend as mine but you will find the best seafood, salt cod(tipical dish),fresh fish.....and will not pay as much as in Madrid or Barcelona.
I will only recommend one resto bcse is as far as I know new and still no famous in Bilbao.They serve basque-french cuisine and I had there one of the best experiences of my life. Located in a building from the 19th century in the historic Old Quarter,dishes are made from the finest ingredients and the wine list is better and cheaper than average.The menu is offered in English.The name is:a table, you can fin more info in its great web page: *****.com

#32927 - 03/21/06 06:07 AM Re: discovering bilbao
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This looks like an advertisement. The IP address is from Spain and the user registered, posted this one message, and hasn't been back since.

And when someone suggests that the dishes "are made from the finest ingredients..." it looks suspicious to me. How does the customer have any idea if they use the finest ingredients or not??

Suspiciously, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32928 - 03/21/06 11:14 AM Re: discovering bilbao
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
I agree, spam.
But I must encourage everybody to visit my city, including MadridMan, of course, as honourable guest.

#32929 - 03/21/06 03:27 PM Re: discovering bilbao
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
That's terrific MadridMan. People are cunning, aren't they.

I'm seconding Deibid's remarks too. Bilbao is definitely on the rebound. I haven't been there for about three years (and even then it was a short visit) but I was really impressed.

#32930 - 04/05/06 06:36 PM Re: discovering bilbao
jon Offline

Iīm sorry about the bad impression I gave you with my previous post. Unfortunately my English is not as good as yours because Iīm not native speaker and perhaps words and the way I explain myself is not accurate.
My only target was to share my experience in Bilbao, specially talking about a place not "for tourists".When I said dishes were made with the finest ingredients I was not suggesting, thatīs a fact. I know well what Iīm saying when talking about food and wine,thatīs why I always emphazise that point in my travel reports.Sorry again if a overrecommended that paradise found in Bilbao.

#32931 - 04/05/06 11:29 PM Re: discovering bilbao
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
jon,
Thank you for sharing your experience in Bilbao. I took your words as fact and I look forward to hearing about all your experiences through out Spain. Good luck! smile

#32932 - 04/15/06 04:41 PM Re: discovering bilbao
jon Offline

Thanks Carlos.

#32933 - 04/15/06 04:52 PM Re: discovering bilbao
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jon, WE ALL look forward to hearing about your food/drink/entertainment-related experiences in Bilbao. But you cannot re-direct people to your website to find this information. Please post your information here in this forum category as text & photos. Thanks for understanding. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#32934 - 05/07/06 02:47 PM Re: discovering bilbao
jon Offline

Sorry MadridMan.I dindnīt know it wasnīt allowed to mention a web site here.Thanks for your comprenhension.Iīll try share more information about food and drink in Spain.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments