Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32511 - 07/21/05 12:56 PM Vips Spain
jabch Offline

Are the Vips restaurants you have in Spain the same we have in Mexico? In Mexico they were founded by Domingo Arango, a Mexican (son of Spanish immigrants) many years ago (I think in the 60's). Now they are a huge company with restaurants in every medium and large city in Mexico.

In Mexico a Vips is far from being my favorite place to eat at, but their food is decent, the place is clean, the service is quick, and the location is always very convenient. Most times there is a section of the restaurant that also sells magazines, books, gifts, medicine (I think), etc., etc.. Does it sound like the same concept they have in Spain? I can't think of a similar concept in the U.S.

----------------------------------
After posting this message I did some internet research and I am sad to report that the Vips in Mexico are no longer owned by this Spanish-Mexican family, but Wal-Mart!!! frown

Some articles mention that the family took its money to Spain and they own the Vips in Spain. It seemes that the company founder retired and his children now run the company. One brother lives in Spain running the business there and other four stayed in Mexico. The family is still considered one of the richest families in Mexico (I love this success stories about Spanish immigrants in Mexico). Anyway, I also found their web pages, and the Spanish Vips look a lot prettier.

#32512 - 07/22/05 08:52 PM Re: Vips Spain
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
I don't consider VIPS my first choice of eating establishments in Madrid but it's not a bad place to kill a hangover in the morning
laugh

P.S: Stay tuned for the return of JoeSambuca..he, he

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2023 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments