Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32382 - 05/30/05 11:10 AM Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
Bryan4USC Offline

My daughter will be turning 21 on the 4th of July during our upcoming visit to Madrid. She (and her college friend) want to celebrate her birthday by experiencing Madrid's famous nightlife. Which clubs would you recommend? We are staying on Calle Maestro.

Thanks for your assistance.

#32383 - 05/30/05 09:11 PM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hi!
It entirely depends on what type of experience she wants!
If she wants an upscale, fairly expensive dance club I would recommend Joy Eslava or Kapital . The negative side is that there are long lines to get in, drinks are overpriced and it can be quite crowded.
But, having lived in Madrid for a semester, I think that the discotecas are much more fun. Many bars have late night music and the dancing goes on until the wee hours. You can find them in the streets Huertas. The area is full of bars and young spaniards. We walked the streets until we found a bar that was packed with people and had music-always go where the people are!
She will have fun no matter where she goes, the night can lead you in any direction!
Have fun!

#32384 - 06/01/05 11:19 PM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
Bryan4USC Offline

Thanks Rach for the suggestions! I think what you've suggested will work out fine. I think she would like music, dancing and to be around young (college age) people. She would probably like the nice clubs you recommended also, but I'm not sure we would like waiting in line. What would the lines be like on Monday night?

#32385 - 06/02/05 04:00 PM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Rach, A "Discoteca" is a club. "Kapital" is a "Discoteca". What you can find in Huertas (or actually pretty much everywhere in Madrid) are bars, which have no entrance fee, are much smaller, better music, cheaper drinks and a lot more fun (in my opinion).

#32386 - 06/07/05 10:34 AM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
nevado Offline

I think you should do both- a smaller, bar de copas type place to get the evening started and then head to one of the large discotecas around 3 am. An all-nighter in Spain is well worth the effort staying up (take a nice long nap beforehand).
I think the prices are good for someone coming from the US; places I've been in the US can easily charge double (and in Spain you usually you get a drink with your cover charge- so it really works out to be free or almost free to get in).
FYI: you won't get huge crowds on a Monday night.

#32387 - 06/07/05 10:20 PM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
Bryan4USC Offline

Thanks Nevado! I'm sure the girls will be able to stay up all night, but we'll have to see about dear old dad!

I appreciate your comments.

#32388 - 06/17/05 12:07 PM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
Granadina80 Offline

Loc: Granada as of 9/12
One of my friends was at El Capital in Madrid back in 2002, and at the end of the night they had this confetti machine go off... anyways a 7 inch bar came loose from the machine, fell from the top floor, and landed in her neck. Left a one-inch hole right above her collar bone!!!! Avoid that place like the plague!

#32389 - 07/13/05 11:16 AM Re: Madrid: 21st Birthday - Recommended Clubs
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Opps my bad, on confusing discotecas/clubs! But what difference does it make-Spain has a fanstatic night life!!!!! laugh laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1844 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments