Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#32084 - 02/07/05 04:37 PM Got my fill of Spanish Food, now missing it
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
Before my trips to Spain I always check this site to get useful info of places to go see and where to eat, so I feel its my duty to give back my experiences I just had the joy to have while in spain. Madrid, proceeded to give to the local economy and eat as much as I could:
Casa Mingo, from suggestions here, great chicken and sider, good place for a mellow lunch to relax.

Bar Cervantes: 8 and Leon I think, good place to meet for a drink or 5, if you can get a table eat the pulpo.

Pez Gordo: off grand via I think, funky little joint, with good music and excellent salmorejo. tasty tapas there pretty cheap as well. My friends knew the owner so that might have helped??

Jullian Tolosa: amazing lunch there, chirizo, jamon, salad, white asparragus, if you don't order the T bone steak here, your missing something, cava sorbet, pacheron, excellent wine list. 6 of us had a 3 hour meal there, not skipping anything cost 120 E per couple.

San Sebastian: lots of places were closed for vacation, Akalare, Arzac, but no shortages of places to spend your hard earned euros:

Urepel: Enjoyed fine fillet mignon stuffed w/ Camabert cheese, my wife have Rape/monkfish, both excellent.

La Murela: my friends choice, since he's a life long resident there couldn't argue w/ this one. Nuevo Basque food w/ great atmosphere. I think we had 5 course meal, the best being the free asparagus spoup , good wines/prices...excellent postres there as well..just off of old town.

of course had to do one night just making the traditional rounds on a tapa craw...

many others just can't remember the names, better check the credit card recipts.

#32085 - 02/08/05 04:25 AM Re: Got my fill of Spanish Food, now missing it
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Gregorio.......I agree about Casa Mingo. Great Food(Mostly Asada De Pollo), Good Cider and very relaxed atmosphere. If I remember right, it was also fairly cheap. Also, for the Beef Lover......La Vaca Argentina is a GREAT Steak house here in Madrid. They have argentinian Angus Beef. I suggest the Steak in pepper Sauce.

#32086 - 02/08/05 10:47 AM Re: Got my fill of Spanish Food, now missing it
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
That was the place we we're actually going to go if we could not get into Tolosa. Next time I guess!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments