Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31741 - 10/28/04 02:50 PM Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Hey everybody,

I like having a few choice restaurants around the big cities to go to when I'm showing visiting friends around. The problem is in Madrid we always seem to end up at VIPS. This is ok sometimes, but it's hardly showing them a good variety. I hate wandering around blindly looking at all those menus not knowing if I'll get my moneys worth.

So does anyone know 3 good restaurants either close to all the typical central attractions (Sol, Gran Via, The art galleries, palace, etc) or a quick Metro ride away?

My needs: Cozy, with good atmosphere where you can comfortably sit. It goes without saying that good food and not crazily expensive is important too.

A good example of the type I’m looking for would be "Las Ninfas" in Granada.

Any type of food is welcome.

Thanks,

Spanadian.

Ps: is anyone else looking forward to the day that Spanish restaurants are smoke-free? I’d say we are 5 or 6 years away by the looks of things.

#31742 - 10/28/04 03:44 PM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
the link below has a bunch of suggestions for both good food and reasonable prices. You will have to scroll thrugh 5 pages - the first has some restaurants in Madrid - posisbly thruout - the 2nd has some inSegovia, etc .... just keep hunting

http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000007&p=

#31743 - 10/28/04 04:17 PM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi
Try the link below:
Timeout Guide
Personally I would recommend La Finca De Susana.
Robbieroy

#31744 - 10/30/04 08:00 PM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by member Spanadian on 10-30-2004 05:06 AM]

I was in a bit of a rush and didn't have time to search the archives, thanks for you both for taking the time to reply.

BTW La Finka was great, thanks Robbieroy

[Follow-up posting by member robbieroy ]

Hi Spanadian - glad that you enjoyed La Finca de Susana. Did you think that it was good value? I did. Between two of us, we had:
one main couse of pork in a pepper sauce with rice
one main course of entrecote steak with salad
one sweet of ice cream in a raspberry sauce with biscuits
one sweet of creamed rice
This was washed down with a bottle of Barbadillo white wine and 3 bottles of water.
The total bill was only 36 Euros.
Being a Scotsman [Eek!] , I thought that this was good value.
Saludos
Robbieroy

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31745 - 10/30/04 08:03 PM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Glad you liked it, Spanadian!

Long-lost-member Antonio introduced me to La Finca de Susana a few years ago and it was quite a nice place, good food, and at fair prices. I too would recommend it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31746 - 11/01/04 07:57 AM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
SimonC Offline

Loc: Madrid - Spain
Hey Madridman.. depends on what sort of food you want to eat. I always think a great place to go is El Buey.. great steak in there.. Not the cheapest but nice!

There are also loads of good Seafood places (which i prefer). If you need to know where the best one is.. let us know.

Sim

#31747 - 11/02/04 05:08 AM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
"I like having a few choice restaurants around the big cities to go to when I'm showing visiting friends around. The problem is in Madrid we always seem to end up at VIPS"

WHAT?!!, WHY?!! eek frown

OK, I don't have much time now, just wanted to post that La Gloria de Montera on cl Caballero de Gracia, 10; and Bazaar on cl Libertad, 21, are sister restaurants to La Finca de Susana, and the three of them offer good value for money indeed, the only "catch" is that they don't take bookings, therefore, expect big queues at the door already at 20:30hrs. or 21:00hrs. (in "poshier" Bazaar's case)....so there you have it!, now you have 3 choices, enjoy! smile

#31748 - 11/03/04 07:23 PM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
evalencia Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
I've been a member for a long time, but haven't had a chance to post. But as far as restaurants, there are a couple of really good ones on Calle Ventura de La Vega, which is off Carrera San Jeronimo from Sol and Calle Del Prado from Plaza Santa Ana. One is an excellent Peruvian restaurant and right next to it is an awesome Argentinian Restaurant. I don't remember the names but it's a short street and the restaurants are easy to locate.

#31749 - 11/04/04 12:21 AM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I was at El Buey in April for my birthday. Great steak and I loved the giant wheel of cheese in the bar. They carve off pieces and give them to you while you wait for your table.

#31750 - 11/04/04 06:21 AM Re: Need 3 good Madrid restaurants pronto!
SimonC Offline

Loc: Madrid - Spain
Mongo.. did you try the Onion soup there?? it truely is the best around!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1719 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments