Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31706 - 10/16/04 05:33 PM Madrid: this time tomorrow..........
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
.......i'll have eaten albondigas and patatas bravas in El Brillante, chorizo in El Gaucho, that potato and chorizo concoction from the miserable old bloke on Calle Arenal, sampled corn on the cob from one of those street vendors and guzzled vino tinto and Spanish beer aplenty laugh laugh laugh

Off to bed now and then up early to leave for Self Pity City Airport laugh

#31707 - 10/23/04 05:59 PM Re: Madrid: this time tomorrow..........
notyor Offline

What a wonderful (3rd) trip to Madrid!

Stayed at Hostal Lopez (as always)

El Brillante as good as ever (but pricier?)
Albondigas and Bocadillo de Callamari laugh

Went in Las Bravas for the first time - VERY spicy, even for a curry lover!

Casa Mingo was nice but not what I expected - had a picture of somewhere smaller and more intimate. It's on Paseo del Florida rather than Avenida Vallodolid as stated elsewhere on this board - get the metro to Principe Pio rather than walking all the way from the Palacio Real as suggested wink

Found an excellent bar just off Plaza Mayor - a Belgian tapas bar if you can have such a thing!? Stella as good as I've ever tasted and excellent Patatas Bravas, tasty as opposed to spicy sauce. Reasonably priced aswell which is rare in that area.

Excellent bar on Cava baja called La Camarilla - try the tostas with goats cheese (we did TWICE!)

Any Brits who want to bring back their full quota of fags e-mail me at "notyor@yahoo.co.uk" - have found a bloke who will go and get you however many you want with enough notice wink

3 whole weeks to wait til I'm off to Barca now - god bless Easyjet laugh :p laugh

#31708 - 10/23/04 08:10 PM Re: Madrid: this time tomorrow..........
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Glad to know you had a good time in Madrid, notyor! Coincidentally I was reading your original posting just this morning and assumed you were back by now.

You wrote:
Quote:
Any Brits who want to bring back their full quota of fags...
NOTICE TO NON-BRITS: "Fags" = cigarettes laugh (we Yanks always giggle when we read this)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31709 - 10/24/04 01:32 PM Re: Madrid: this time tomorrow..........
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
jajajajajajajaja, thanks for the clarification on the Fags MM, Ive definitely never heard that and could not figure out for the life of me when i first read it what in the world that was talking about laugh laugh

#31710 - 10/24/04 03:39 PM Re: Madrid: this time tomorrow..........
notyor Offline

no, I was talking about homosexual people trafficking wink laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2773 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments