Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31446 - 07/26/04 04:36 PM Madrid: Walks of Spain?
linalaprofe Offline

I'm in Santiago right now and will be heading to Madrid on Saturday. I'm trying to get information on the wine and tapas walking tours in the old part of Madrid. I have tried emailing through their web site and through the email "Andres" has on his Madridman ID, but with no success. Can anyone help? I'll be in Madrid July 31-Aug 4 (in the middle of all the heat!)

Lynn

#31447 - 07/26/04 05:09 PM Re: Madrid: Walks of Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there!
While I'm not absolutely positive, I think Andrés may be doing less of these tours these days. Okay, Andrés, we'll "allow" wink you to tell us here, now, if you're still giving the tours and with what frequency. Also, it's possible that Andrés may be taking his vacation (right now or) during this time you'll be in Madrid - as do many madrileños and other Spaniards.

Andrés? What do you say?

linalaprofe, if you're able to take the tour, will you please give us your review here in this thread? Thanks! And enjoy the rest of your time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

UPDATE: Wow! Andrés has changed his Walks of Madrid website. Also linalaprofe, I believe that while the website's URL is walksofspain.com the website is called Walks of Madrid.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31448 - 07/27/04 02:13 AM Re: Madrid: Walks of Spain?
Monofeo Offline

Loc: Metro Los Angeles, California
Lynn,

I am glad you started this thread. I also wanted to take the Walk of Madrid tour, when we are in Madrid in September. I sent an email June 30th, and I had got no response...until now. Funny,..I was going to send another email after reading your post, but Andres just replyed. laugh

Apparently, they are emailing those interested, when they get a group together. So, maybe Andres is going to respond to your query real soon! Let me know how it is if you go on the tour. It sounds great! Good luck!

Thanks, Andres for replying! smile

Jose Luis "Louie"

#31449 - 07/27/04 01:40 PM Re: Madrid: Walks of Spain?
linalaprofe Offline

I too just heard from Andres and unfortunately, it doesn't look like they have enough to make a tour (sounds like it's just me interested). They have a group forming for July 30 but I'll still be in Santiago :-(

Does anyone know of any other of these types of "tours" that I might be able to take?

Lynn

#31450 - 07/28/04 05:10 PM Re: Madrid: Walks of Spain?
SFY Offline

Loc: Filadelfia
There's always the Wellington Society evening tours given by the incomparable Stephen Drake-Jones.

#31451 - 07/28/04 05:15 PM Re: Madrid: Walks of Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Good point. Stephen Drake-Jones' The Wellington Society historical tours of Old Madrid are really First Class and you make a couple tapas-and-wine stops along the way. They're usually scheduled "early" though, at around 7pm or 8pm and last about 1.5 hours. Stephen Drake-Jones is really just the greatest, wonderful British sense of humor (he's British, yes), and so charismatic.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31452 - 07/28/04 10:01 PM Re: Madrid: Walks of Spain?
SFY Offline

Loc: Filadelfia
I might be mistaken but I recall that the first tour I went on last year had stops in four different bars and lasted about two hours. And another tour which I joined in progress a few weeks later didn't finish until about 11. Perhaps it depends on the mood of the illustrious Chairman.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments