Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31385 - 06/20/04 12:36 PM Japanese food in Spain
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
I was just wondering if Spaniards like Japanese food especially sashimi and sushi. Here in California we can't seem to get enought of it. My wife and I go to a sushi bar at least once a week. It can get addicting! smile

#31386 - 06/20/04 04:43 PM Re: Japanese food in Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
No, people doesn't like the experience of eating non-cooked fish.

However I like it, though I don't go to japanese restaurants more than once every three months or so.

Fernando

#31387 - 06/21/04 08:13 AM Re: Japanese food in Spain
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I have never eaten there, but there is a very popular Japanese restaurant across the street from Hotel Inglés on c/Echegaray. My favorite sherry bar is next door - La Venecia.

#31388 - 06/21/04 09:02 AM Re: Japanese food in Spain
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Some people like, some people don't. Japanese food is not in the top of the Spaniards' foreign food preferences, but not in the bottom, either.

The two foreign cuisines most appreciated in Spain are Italian and Chinese, for sure. A new trend has appeared in the last two years and it's the Oriental restaurants, where you can find a bit of Chinese, a bit of Japanese, a bit of Vietnamese, a bit of Thai, and a bit of Korean, sometimes merged with Mediterranean food. The French cuisine is well valorated, too, but those restaurants use to be pretty expensive, what puts them apart from being too popular.

#31389 - 06/21/04 09:15 AM Re: Japanese food in Spain
mecky Offline

Loc: US
While I was traveling in Madrid and visited with my friends that live there I was told that new Japanese Restaurants have opened there because of the FRESH seafood that is available. Did not go to one, eat Sushi when here in the US. Dont think it would be on budget restaurants.

#31390 - 06/21/04 06:26 PM Re: Japanese food in Spain
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Hi!!

I dont like the japanesse food and Im quite afraid the food is always different if you try it not in the original country so you loss too much to be able to apreciate it as it deserves. But anyway, in Madrid you have about 34 restaurant wicht serve some kind of japannesse food. Try with Guiadelocio.com and this link:
http://www.guiadelocio.com/madrid/buscarestaurantes/index.cfm
there you have to fill the second gap with the kind of food u are looking for and the area and the price that suits with your pocket...
Good luck.. ahh...the best one.. suntory or ichiban... more than 50 euros of course.. Maybe not to much for you wink http://www.guiadelocio.com/madrid/buscarestaurantes/resultado_restaurante_informacion.cfm?id=6399

enjoy your fish smile

#31391 - 06/21/04 06:33 PM Re: Japanese food in Spain
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
I've eaten Japanese food in numerous places and there are a couple in New york that top (most of) the best places in Tokyo [although I've not tried other Japanese cities].

So, "different" in not always = to "worse".

Likewise, you'll find several of the world's best Italian restaurants in Tokyo.
Quite unexpected.

As for Japanese in Madrid ... what's the very best place here? Suntori's?

#31392 - 06/27/04 03:32 PM Re: Japanese food in Spain
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Last year, Castiza took me to a Japanese / Chinese restaurant, which I think was behind the cheuca area. It was very nice, but I can't remember it's name. Was quite posh inside......

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1851 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments