Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#31152 - 03/16/04 09:06 PM Madrid: NCAA Tournament--where to watch?
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello,
Can anybody recommend a pub or two that will be broadcasting the NCAA Men's basketball tournament?

Thanks, A

#31153 - 03/16/04 09:19 PM Re: Madrid: NCAA Tournament--where to watch?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
almohada, please remember to include the city name in the subject line of all new threads. Thanks. I've added it there for you because I know you're in Madrid.

I'd imagine it would be difficult at best to find some bar broadcasting via satelite a college basketball in the USA, tournament or not. MAYBE they'd show the NBA finals but even that's probably hard to find in Madrid.

Anyone else have some idea??? confused

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#31154 - 03/16/04 10:07 PM Re: Madrid: NCAA Tournament--where to watch?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
yeah well good luck smile I tried and tried last year when I was living in granada to figure out a way to follow my illini, but in the end had to settle for updates via the ESPN webpage...then again not that it was too much of a loss considering I was in my favorite place on earth, Granada wink
Maybe you will have better luck in Madrid,
Kelly

#31155 - 03/16/04 11:43 PM Re: Madrid: NCAA Tournament--where to watch?
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Almohada,

If you can't get an NCAA game, maybe you could go to one of the European basketball games! I saw highlights on the news when I was there, but didn't have time to look into it. It looked like a pretty exciting game!!! (Can't remember the two teams . . .)

Oops, just saw you are in Madrid. LOL Never mind!!! You probably already know about that!

#31156 - 03/17/04 03:41 AM Re: Madrid: NCAA Tournament--where to watch?
Torrales Offline

There is a pub called Rebote (rebound) specialized in basketball. It is in calle Campoamor 13, very close to Alonso Martinez. Don't expect them to air every NCAA game, but it is the most likely place where you can find them.

And, as another poster said, you can try to attend one of the ACB (Spanish league) games. There are two teams in the city of Madrid. One is Real Madrid (the worst), whose home court is Pabellon Raimundo Saporta, in the North of the city, metro Begoña. The other (the best) is Estudiantes. They play at Palacio Vistalegre in Carabanchel, metro Vista Alegre.

Regards from a Estudiantes fan. laugh

#31157 - 03/17/04 06:50 AM Re: Madrid: NCAA Tournament--where to watch?
almohada Offline

MM: Sorry. Yes, All Spain and loving it.

To all respondants: Thanks. And Torrales, I will head to Rebote after work for a reconnaisance mission. My interest is less in hoop per se, than simply following the 'ol college team in the tournament.

But tonight is Real Madrid-Zaragoza, no? For the Cup? Fútbol, Basketball, Cricket...maybe I just quit my job and hang out??? Mmmmmm That would be nice...and no better place than in Spain!

Cheers, A

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1887 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments