Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#30224 - 03/28/03 05:13 AM Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
Philip Livingstone Offline

Loc: LUXEMBOURG
Hi all,

The Six-Nations final is on Sunday between the old rivals, England, and Ireland.

So I have to find an Irish bar in Madrid (or any other type of bar in Madrid) that will be showing it and be a good place to pretend that the rivalry is friendly even when England starts winning - as I am English!!!

Can anybody suggest any places, or give me a tip or advice or recommendation about the best bars to go to for this?

thanks a lot for any help

Philip

Buzz Aldrin, July 1969 !!!

#30225 - 03/28/03 05:35 AM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Philip!
I received your email with the same question but am happy to see you've posted it here for everyone's input.

It seems to me there is an Irish pub (or many) in Madrid which show FOOTBALL matches on TV but not sure about rugby. I suppose as long as there's not a football game on the rugby match would probably be televised. Hopefully someone here will tell you the name of the TOP Irish pub or you could do a SEARCH using the SEARCH link above/right and use IRISH PUB MADRID as you keywords to find those previous threads.

Good luck and have fun! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30226 - 03/28/03 10:59 AM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
We watched the Ireland v. Italy match at Bo Finn on February 22. I believe they have been showing all the matches. Lots of tvs, but no real big screen. It's located at the corner of Calle Diego de Leon and Calle de Velaquez in barrio Salamanca (Nunez de Balboa Metro stop is two blocks away), about two blocks from the U.S. Embassy. Murphys and Guiness and Strongbow laugh on tap and a nice bar menu.

#30227 - 03/28/03 11:04 AM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday

cheers all, that's great

#30228 - 03/28/03 11:18 AM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
ChrisR Offline

Forgot to mention that there's a bad photo of the pub at http://fotos.qdq.com at Calle de Velazquez, 95bis.

#30229 - 03/28/03 11:38 AM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Although i totally disagree with your prediction of an English win laugh , i'm prepared to help you out of the goodness of my heart! I couldn't guarantee to you that any of these pubs will have the match (though it'd be pretty certain) they are my favourite in Madrid and you can always ring to check.
FINBAR'S,C/ Marques de Urquijo, 10(Arguelles)915483793
THE IRISH ROVER, Avda de Brasil,7 (Santiago Bernabeu) 915974811
KITTY O'SHEAS,C/ ALCALA,59 (BANCO DE ESPAÑA) 915754901
FINNEGANS in Alonso Martinez,MOORE'S, C/ Felipe 111,4 (Sol).Never been in BO FINN(Nunez de Balboa, there are over 20 "irish" bars in Madrid i did intend to do them all but in the interests of my Spanish and after eing in some at the bottom en of the scale i tend to only go to these ones. good luck, may the best team win!(ireland!)

#30230 - 03/28/03 01:49 PM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
What a great week end in the pubs eh? England football team win on Saturday then trounce Ireland in the six nations match on Sunday.Can't wait!!!

#30231 - 04/07/03 01:46 PM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday
ChrisR Offline

Hey Phil: So where did you end up watching the match? Any review of the place coming?

#30232 - 04/07/03 03:39 PM Re: Madrid:SIX-NATIONS Rugby Final on Sunday

Hi,

Yep I watched it at The Irish Rover and that was great...would defo recommend it to others, and easy to find too, rnot far from the stadium...

thanks for everyones help - I really appreciate it...

cheers

Philip

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1895 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments