Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29964 - 01/05/03 11:11 PM Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
nola2madrid17 Offline

hey guys,

i'll be spending the spring in Madrid, and my team (the Philadelphia Eagles) is poised for a super bowl run - where in the city do you think i'll be able to see the games (starting at 1:30am this saturday jan11)???? i figure some bars gotta have satellite catering to american expats, right? laugh

i've searched the board, and have found a few things, i'm just wondering if anybody knows anything more regarding the games.

the following bars came up: Finbars in Arguelles which would be perfect cause its near where i'm staying, and O'Neils and Kitty O'Sheas - can anybody let me know if these actually show the games or not?

thanks for your help!

#29965 - 01/06/03 12:42 AM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yeah, I think your best bet is one of the Irish bars but even those may not carry it. It's just hit or miss, really. They may not want to show it if there's a socker game on. Most Brits going to those Irish pubs don't want (I don't think) to watch American-style football. You'll just have to go and see.. or ask around the day before so you'll know where to go the day of the game. If all else fails, you'll likely be able to listen to it via internet radio at some cybercafe if you absolutely MUST follow the game while it's being played (7:30pm Spain time).

Good luck!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29966 - 01/06/03 03:30 AM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Most of the playoff games are broadcast on Canal+. Unfortunately, most of them are not shown live. The Super Bowl, however, was broadcast live last year. I suspect it will be this year as well. Don't worry, you will find places in Madrid that will show the games. Although, you will need to consult the programming schedule before setting out on your quest for Eagles football.

Canal + NFL schedule

#29967 - 01/06/03 04:01 PM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
I dont think the eagles will make it...so your problem will solve itself...it will be the 49ers and the Raiders

#29968 - 01/10/03 08:30 AM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
Jason Stein Offline

I feel for you. I'm a Niner fan and will be trying to watch the playoffs on the 12th as well.

I've found that there is an English/Irish pub near the Plaza Sibelus that showed some regular NFL games - and should probably show the playoff games. I'll be there for the Niner game, for sure.

I found out that the game will be televised on Sky Sports Extra. check out this link.

Sky Sports

#29969 - 01/10/03 11:10 AM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
nola2madrid17 Offline

thanks for the help guys-

i've found out that canal+ will be retransmitting the game on tuesday, and the sky sports extra is going to be showing-

now all i gotta do is find someplace that has sky sports extra and will be showing the game at 2am.
confused

#29970 - 01/11/03 08:23 AM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
nola2madrid17 Offline

FINBAR´s!!!!!!!!!!

i´m in madrid, and its great, and FINBAR´s is showing both games tonite!!!!!!!!!

the guy said to come around 12-1, because they´ll be closing the doors around 2 to keep the riff raff out..............

its right off calle de princessa on marque de urquijo......

go eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. madrid man - if you get this, could you please change the title to ¨where to watch the nfl playoffs!!!!!!!!!´´ just so people know whats going on...............gracias!!!!!

#29971 - 01/11/03 10:42 AM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

nola2madrid17, that's GREAT NEWS!! Thanks SO much for the update. I've edited your subject line at your request. They close the doors at 2am? confused So these games are live, eh? Hmmm.. They must be tape-delayed. Midnight is 6pm in Eastern USA and both playoff games will almost be over by then.

If he said to get there at midnight and they close the doors at 2:00am... are they closing the doors with YOU INSIDE??? confused Or do they kick you out? And if you're watching both games that puts you leaving the establishment at, oh, about 6:00 am?! Wow! You'll be exhausted! Well, hope your Eagles win! I know I'll be watching!

Regardless (or as some people love to say, "IRRegardless"), have a GREAT time watching the game(s). Hey, AT LEAST you're in Spain!! Enjoy yourself. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#29972 - 01/11/03 12:36 PM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE: I think I now understand nola2madrid17's explanation of the Eagle's football game. It seems that game STARTS at (my god!) 8:00pm Eastern USA time which is 2:00 am Spain mainland time. My goodness, nola2madrid17! You're going to be up ALL NIGHT watching that game 'til about 5:00-6:00 am!! eek Hope you didn't plan to do any sight-seeing on Sunday because you'll be sleeping all day! rolleyes wink

#29973 - 01/11/03 12:42 PM Re: Madrid:Where to watch NFL playoffs/SuperBowl?
Pablete Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hard Rock Cafe in Madrid (Paseo de La Castellana nº 2, Plaza de Colón) is planning to do a big party for Superbowl Night, I'll be there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments