Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29928 - 12/08/02 10:59 PM Christmas in Madrid
Babs Offline

Loc: upstate New York
We will be arriving in Madrid on Sunday, Dec. 22. Our plan is to stay at the Hostal Cervantes through Dec. 26 and then depart for Hostal Andalusia in Almunecar by car on Dec. 26 through Dec. 30. Will we need to make special provisions for Dec. 25. Will anything be open on Christmas. Another possibility would be to take the train to Cordova and get our car there. My understanding is that the trains will be running on Dec. 25. confused

#29929 - 12/09/02 12:35 AM Re: Christmas in Madrid
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I don't know about transportation wise, but if you're Catholic or don't mind catholic services, attend Christmas mas at some of the cathedrals. I'm very religious and I found some of my most interesting and enjoyable experiences in Spain in attending mass at various Cathedrals to see how it was different in each place.

Melinda

#29930 - 12/09/02 12:48 PM Re: Christmas in Madrid
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Restaurants, cinemas and things of the kind will be open. No shops or museums will open that day, though. Does this answer your question? smile

#29931 - 12/09/02 02:36 PM Re: Christmas in Madrid
Babs Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Thanks for the replies. It does help. It's been a bit tricky trying to figure out how to plan around the holiday. We are arriving on Sunday Dec.22 and we were planning on staying in Madrid (with a day trip to Toledo) and then either heading down by car or train to Almunecar on the 26 [and making day trips from there (to Granada and the white villages)] til Dec. 30. It sounds like we might be better off going south on the 23rd or 24th. and perhaps stopping in Cordova. Any opinions? I checked the weather and it sounds like it is pretty cold and wet in Madrid this week. smile

#29932 - 12/10/02 06:48 AM Re: Christmas in Madrid
Miguelito Offline

Córdoba is beautiful.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2431 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments