Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29752 - 11/04/02 01:23 PM Madrid: Flamenco at Casa Patas
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
We were in Madrid in October, and on the basis of what I had read on the board and the website for Casa Patas , we booked a reservation for their Saturday night 9:00 pm show (they also have a 11:30 show, but we knew we weren't ready for the late nights yet on our first day in Madrid!) We wrote them by e-mail, and they responded very kindly. They serve tapas during the show and we tried our first belotta ham and manchango cheese...both to die for, even if pricey. And the dancing was magnificent! There were 3 ladies who tapped their hearts out. They had two musicians and two female singers to accompany. It was a packed house, so you do need reservations. I did not think it was touristy..they didn't use castanets! They just poured out their souls and sweat in some great numbers. I was very moved by it. The late show had some out of town headliner...but I was glad to see what we did.

#29753 - 11/04/02 04:28 PM Re: Madrid: Flamenco at Casa Patas
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
My husband and I took our two daughters to Casa Patas in August of 2001, since we were not going to be going to Andalucía on that trip and they really were interested in attending a Flamenco . Well, it really WAS quite good and very appropriate for children too. So, I agree, it is a good place to recommend if you are dying to see Flamenco when in Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1580 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments