Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29664 - 10/23/02 04:21 PM Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Shaun R Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
Hi, we are travelling to Madrid on Saturday for a week, and I was planning on trying to get tickets for the Sunday game against Villareal. Unfortunately it seems it is now to be played on Saturday while I'm on the plane...

I noticed that RM have a champions league game against Roma on Wednesday. Have I got ANY chance of getting 2 tickets for such a high profile game??? Through legitimate channels preferably not touts...

If so how much, and is it likely that if I turn up at the ground on Monday I could get tickets.

Cheers
Shaun

#29665 - 10/25/02 05:56 AM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
puppyfeat Offline

Loc: London
All I can say is that if there are tix available - and there might be - the ticket office opens at 3pm. It's at the south end of the stadium (at the gates near Tony Roma's). If it were me I'd get up there at least by 2pm - then you would soon find out if there were any available and you should start to queue up if there are.

Best of luck - let us know how you get on!

#29666 - 10/25/02 06:14 AM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Shaun,

Here's a link to the ticket prices http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realmadrid...=4&subsec=3 The prices are pretty good and a lot less than you'd pay at Bramall Lane, or dare I say it, eek Hillsborough!! They start at 12 Euros for a seat in the stand I sat in last time I was there... mind you, you need a good head for heights there and an oxygen tank for reviving yourself halfway up the circular climb to the top!! laugh

The Villareal game is virtually sold out anyway, apart from a few tickets left that are reserved for members.

Tickets for the Roma match go on sale at the stadium on Monday and Tuesday next week from 3 until 9pm and then on the day of the match from 11am. I wouldn't have thought it would sell out, but then I could be wrong, so I would get along to the Santiago Bernabeu as soon as possible. Have lunch at the bar across the road from the north end of the ground. I can't remember the name of it, but all the paintwork is green and it's on two levels. Food and drink excellent and good prices too. Even on match days no problem getting served. Enjoy the game! smile

#29667 - 10/25/02 01:41 PM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Shaun R Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that and hopefully will be able to pursuade my girlfriend to go to the game....

I'm more of an Anfield man than Bramall Lane or Hillsborough, I was born in Liverpool and still go to see the reds 3-4 times a year. Moved over to Sheffield 10 years ago.

Cheers,
Shaun

#29668 - 10/26/02 08:15 AM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You can also buy the tickets on the telephone directly from the Real Madrid box office calling to this number (+34) 902 324 324. Make the reservation, pay with your credit card and collect the tickets a few hours before of the match.

#29669 - 10/26/02 03:04 PM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Antonio, is it possible to call a 902 number from out of Spain? I know that I can't call that type of number in England from Spain. I looked all over the Real Madrid site for a 91 Madrid number but couldn't see any at all.

#29670 - 10/27/02 10:38 AM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Uhmmm... you're right Anchovy. I was thinking that while posting the number but I didn't have any other number at that moment. It's always much better to dial a local number. 902 numbers are quite expensive.

Here is a number for the stadium (+34) 91 398 43 00. I phoned them and choose the option 2 in the menu for the tickets related information. Then a recording told me Sandy was not available confused . Now I'm wondering whether Sandy is Real Madrid's cheerleader and brings you the tickets at home laugh .

#29671 - 10/30/02 09:37 AM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Ev Offline

I am going to be in MAdrid on the weekend of 30th Nov/ 1st Dec with my girlfriend.

I'd quite like to go to the Real game against Seville but she is worried about crowd trouble etc. and being safe. I have no idea what this is like there.

Any ideas? Is the Seville game particularly "nasty"

Cheers

#29672 - 10/30/02 10:02 AM Re: Real Madrid v Roma next Wed...any chance of getting tickets?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

You won't have any problems at all Ev. Enjoy the experience, it's a fantastic stadium and well worth a visit, although for atmosphere the Atletico Madrid matches are better.

One thing though, don't wear the green and white stripes of Betis eek or blue and white stripes of Malaga eek on the day of the game or the Sevillanos will chase you halfway across Europe. frown But it's only those two clubs that rile them and the Real Madrid supporters are a harmless bunch of cigar-smoking prawn-munchers.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1578 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments