Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29415 - 06/24/02 02:31 PM Portugal:Party Beach Towns?
manz Offline

Loc: calgary
I know this is the Spain message board........ but seeing how portugal is its neighbor, thought i would throw a question out to anyone " i was wondering if anyone knew any cool beach towns to party at or to surf in Portugal?"

#29416 - 06/25/02 07:27 AM Re: Portugal:Party Beach Towns?
cubatex Offline

Loc: Middle East
manz,
I have been in the Algarve twice (1979 and 1992). Both times I stayed in Albufeira. In 1979, this place was awsome and the perfect get away beach town to party in.

However, when I went back in 1992 the place had turned into "condos and hotels". You will also find a lot of UK people as well so English is widely spoken. I stuck to Spanish and had no problems.

Regardless, Albufeira in 1992 was still a lot of fun to go out at night and party. It has a nice beach as well. Have fun in Portugal!

#29417 - 06/25/02 03:44 PM Re: Portugal:Party Beach Towns?
sdnj33 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I am headed to Spain/Portugal this week and am planning to go to Lagos, Sagres, and Salema which are all very close to eachother and are suppossed to be a great time.

#29418 - 06/28/02 05:36 PM Re: Portugal:Party Beach Towns?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
You definetly should go to Lagos! It is exactly what you are looking for. A great party at night and beaches and surf near by. The HI hostel is cheap, clean, well located and fun. While there isn't much in the way of surf right in Lagos, there are surfers, so it can't be too far away, and I know Sagres - which is close has good surf.
Have fun.

BK

#29419 - 06/28/02 06:55 PM Re: Portugal:Party Beach Towns?
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Go to Lagos and Albufeira.
Many of the other towns are quiet, quaint villages (not that that's a bad thing, but it's not what you're looking for).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments