Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#29192 - 04/30/02 07:15 AM Atlético de Madrid
Miguelito Offline

Atlético got the rise to the first division for next year after two years in hell. I hope they'll join a good team for then.
Meanwhile, the Rayo is almost saved and Real Madrid almost left the league to Valencia. :p Although tomorrow they have a very good score for arriving to the Champions League final. wink

#29193 - 05/01/02 06:22 AM Re: Atlético de Madrid
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
The good news for Atlético is that the remarkable Jesus Gil y Gil was able to leave the "big house" in order to celebrate his team´s ascendancy. Gil is truly one of the most interesting, although corrupt, public figures. El caso de las camisetas has allowed from time to time a needed break from the bloodshed in the Middle East. Nobody gives better postgame interviews than Gil, while chewing on his cigar he utters some of the craftiest lines on television.

As for Rayo, Their former owner had his own problems with the law: he didn´t like paying taxes. Of course, his forced removal from the team allowed for the first woman owner in Spanish footbal, his wife.

Since Rayo and Atlético have had owners with leagl problems, can we assume that the most influential socios of Real Madrid are likely to be spending some time in the iron bar hotel? After all, how many questionable calls are made in their favor during the season? And how many referees drive 1981 Seats before officiating games with Real, and leave Santiago Bernebeau in 2002 Mercedes? laugh

The important news in the liga is that the Blanquviloeta of Valladolid is only 3 points away from a UEFA spot. In fact 4 teams are within 3 points of each other with only 2 games left to be played. ¡Pucelea Pucelea!

#29194 - 05/07/02 12:51 PM Re: Atlético de Madrid
Miguelito Offline

I agree a little bit with you about Gil, although I prefer him with the mouth closed. About the legal problems of the teams, apart of the problems of his owner, probably the Atletico is the only team with the numbers more or less cleaned, since a judge reviews all the money movements that are done. It's a shame the big debts that all the teams have with Hacienda and how they aren't persecuted.
About Valladolid, I think you must be one of the best supporters as Zorrilla could be the colder stadium in Spain!! wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1418 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments