Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29142 - 04/15/02 08:31 PM Soccer (Football)
RickM Offline

Loc: Canada
Going to Spain in May for two weeks and I have never seen a soccer game (PRO). I would like to get tickets for some place in Spain. We will arrive in Madrid and travel down to the southern coast. When does the season end? and How do I get tickets? and from what we see on TV is it safe?
rick laugh

#29143 - 04/15/02 10:09 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
ChrisS Offline

Loc: EE.UU.
Como el semi-aficiando de futbol que soy yo I can say that the season ends in late may. Your best bet is to go directly to the stadium-Metro Santiago Bernabeu (real madrid) and buy from the taquilla there. If you go the day of the game go very early becuase the tickets will sell out quickly especially with the good weather. Stay in the no socio line(non member) and bring cash (no credit cards accepted) If all else fails you can buy them from a scalper at a higher price. Make sure you see the tickets and that they are consecuitve seats.

Spanish futbol is a lot safer and there are generally not the hooligans that that wreck havoc for example in the UK.

Suerte,
Chris

#29144 - 04/16/02 10:27 AM Re: Soccer (Football)
rainspooner Offline

Loc: Phoenix
I'm kind of interested in going to a futbol match too. Are they on a certain day of the week? How long do the games last, about how much are tickets?

Are they matches or games?

#29145 - 04/16/02 06:38 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Check out www.soccer-spain.com . Here you will find fixtures,kick-off times etc.Or if you are specifically going to a Real game try www.localidadesgalicia.com for tickets.

Ps Not all English games take place with a backdrop of ambulances and riot police.About as valid as us accusing you all of eating 75 hamburgers a day.

#29146 - 04/16/02 07:40 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
Lizziee Offline

Loc: Scotland
I was more scared sitting behind the Ultras when I went to see Real Madrid than I have ever been at British game - north and south of the border - so I for one object to the slur big time. mad Football in Britain (the home of football, btw) is a lot better than it used to be and many clubs are gaining a family image.

Saying that, it was fabulous to see Raul and Figo play (and to have Roberto Carlos sitting three seats behind us was amazing laugh ). We phoned the stadium beforehand (they have English speakers too if you're Spanish isn't so good) and using a credit card you can buy your tickets and have them waiting for you. You pick them up from ticket office 14 (I think) two hours before the game.

A game of football lasts for at least 90 minutes - 45 mins each half - unless you're watching Celtic thrash Hibs in the Scottish League, in which case the game lasts 90 years wink

Enjoy the match. Beats the pants off American football laugh

#29147 - 04/16/02 09:22 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
RickM Offline

Loc: Canada
I really appreciate all you help. It is interesting to hear all your remarks about soccer and excuse my ignorance but I do not know the name of one soccer player. We get a game on TV once in while, but when you don't know the players or the game its not the same. In Canada the general feeling is, if you're not a hockey player you're not an athlete. The good news is that soccer is fastest growing sport in Canada, so hopefully things will change. I really looking forward to attending a soccer game.

#29148 - 04/20/02 09:32 AM Re: Soccer (Football)
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Rick,i hope you get the chance to se a game.Remember,if Real is not an option you could always try Atletico Madrid or Rayo Vallecano.No problem getting in at either of these grounds.My own team,Sheffield United has a Canadian International,Paul Peschisolido.Heard of him??

#29149 - 04/20/02 01:51 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
RickM,
I'm not sure when you will be in Madrid but Real Madrid are playing Mallorca on May 5 (Sunday) in Madrid. I am also intersted in going to a game (a Canuck too!) but cannot find the time that the match begins. I could not find it on the Real Madrid official website. Can anybody help me here? Is this game sold out?
Thanks!
Dargus

#29150 - 04/23/02 06:32 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
Lizziee Offline

Loc: Scotland
I think they generally play games in the evening at about 8pm. They are really friendly if you phone in and there are English speakers who can help so give them a call to ask and be sure.

And sorry, all you Barca fans, but after tonight's Champions League results - GO MADRID laugh

#29151 - 04/25/02 04:36 PM Re: Soccer (Football)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
The Real Madrid game I attended was a one o'clock start on a Sunday (games are normally played on Sundays, which is where similarities with American football end...). If I remember right, tickets were (in '92) about $15 USD. We got nosebleed...and the stadium is enormous.

We bought our tickets the day of the game, and sat right in front of the Valencia crowd (who happen to hate RM only slightly less than el Barça). I really enjoyed doing the "hijos de puta" cheer until one of the murciélago Ultras came down to "chat" with us. All ended well, but I would suggest you get a seat as far from the "opponents" as possible. Ask when you buy...

The air was wonderful that day, and you'll thoroughly enjoy your experience at Bernabéu. I may have to postpone my trip to Navarra and see RM beat up on Mallorca on the fifth myself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2280 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments