Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18643 - 01/27/01 12:45 AM Alicante & La costa blanca
janeenmaria Offline

Loc: Toms River, NJ USA
Hi guys! I'm going to be studing in Alicante for 6 months. I was just wondering if anyone has some great advice about what to do and where to go in Alicante. How is the weather right now? Also, if anyone has info about Eurorail passes, I'd appreciate it. Muchas gracias!! What a great site MadridMan.

#18644 - 01/27/01 06:09 AM Re: Alicante & La costa blanca
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I don't know exactly where you're going to be living in Alicante but you can take local bus to San Juan Playa or any of the beaches as far as Campello. I like Playa Muchavista but that's right across from where we stay.

Are you aware that Alicante is Spain's 'Shoe Capital?'

#18645 - 01/27/01 01:59 PM Re: Alicante & La costa blanca
janeenmaria Offline

Thanks Eddie! I'll be staying on la calle Rio Seco, and I have no idea where it is located in Alicante. A friend of mine mentioned that I will have to take a bus or a taxi to the university each day. Is it pretty warm there now? Can't wait to go shoe shopping!! lol

#18646 - 01/29/01 05:34 PM Re: Alicante & La costa blanca
Elxdogg Offline

Loc: CA
If you want to know what the weather is like go to weather.com Here's a link to a webcam. http://www.geocities.com/surfalicante/
I lived there for about six months and think it's better to venture either north or south of Alacant for better beaches. The nightlife is OK, it's more hip in Benidorm (25 mins north). The model Esther Canadas is from near there. Watch out for shady people near the Exlanada at night. I'm an expert on the place so ask me anything.

#18647 - 01/29/01 06:05 PM Re: Alicante & La costa blanca
Guapetona Offline

I LOVE Alicante..You'll have a great time!
Try Tirachinas and then Hook for afterhours.
After 7 AM it gets good. Drive a little further South to Lopagan (la curva) and really party on the boardwalk there..
If you got a little time drive to Murcia capital and hit the center of town. Good places: La Bolsa, Los Claveles, La Puerta Falsa and anything around the University.
By the by..Valencia has a legendary nightlife. Again, anything around the University is great (as usual)..
Have Fun, Zagala!!!

[This message has been edited by Guapetona (edited 01-29-2001).]

#18648 - 01/31/01 06:02 PM Re: Alicante & La costa blanca
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
You'll love Alicante.
I'm so envious that you get to be there for that long.
I studied at the University there for a month.
If you are in the city, a bus will take you to the university for a very cheap price. The campus is actually in San Vicente, just to the north. The ride will only take about 10 minutes.

Playa San Juan is a wonderful beach for during the day and at night there are literally tons of people in the clubs near the beach. If you feel lonely for home, there's even a McDonald's right there on the beach.

THere are many small towns near Alicante that are accessible by train.
Also, try taking a day trip to Isla de Tabarca, a small historic island a few miles off the coast. They have boats leaving the port in Alicante many times a day.

Also, there are tons of places near the port in Alicante where you can hang out, eat and meet friends.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

#18649 - 01/31/01 11:14 PM Re: Alicante & La costa blanca
janeenmaria Offline

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I really appreciated it all. I'll be sure to keep u informed of how I'm doing. Only a couple more days!!!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1608 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments