Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18585 - 01/20/01 12:46 PM How much time to see Sevilla?
tipo77 Offline

Loc: Canada
First of all, kudos to Madridman for having such a great webpage! I will be in Spain (Madrid)6 days and would also like to see Sevilla? Would one day be enough to see Sevilla's main areas of interest or is it recommended that I stay overnight. I plan on taking the superfast Madrid-Seville train by taking the first one down and the last one up. However, if anyone thinks that would be severly rushing it, please let me know. Gracias!

#18586 - 01/20/01 01:04 PM Re: How much time to see Sevilla?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
If you really take the first one down/last one up, you could see the Alcazar, Cathedral, and walk around the Santa Cruz part of the city, have a quick horse ride through the Maria Luisa park and call it a good day. If you can, though, and overnite would be better! it does take 2 and a half hrs on the ave plus traspo within Madrid or Sevilla to get to the train, which eats up a lot of one day.

#18587 - 01/20/01 06:08 PM Re: How much time to see Sevilla?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
First, thank you for your kind words about MadridMan.com. Thinking about only one day in Sevilla, eh? Hmmm... That's not much, of course. I might suggest taking a bus tour to see the major sights and get narration (in British accented English) through the provided headphones. Most/Many bus companies pick-up/drop-off at the Torre de Oro alongside the Rio Guadalquivir. During Semana Santa 1998 (read my daily online journal, MadridMan's 1998 Spain Trip ) my ladyfriend and I took a great 2-hour ride in a double-decker, open-topped yellow bus and aside from the brief downpour (sin paraguas) it was a GREAT tour!

Before/After the tour, spend most of your remaining time in the Barrio Santa Cruz and the Alcazar (or cross the river to Triana) and you'll have done a lot in one day.

Have a GREAT time! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18588 - 01/24/01 07:13 PM Re: How much time to see Sevilla?
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Well, a day trip to Sevilla would be pushing it, but if you've no alternative, I suppose its better than nothing. (remember the one standing rule in life, rgf?: "Go to Sevilla whenever you can!")

You really should take at least two days if you can. Its nice to see all the fantastic historical sites and art, but you need to just walk around, get lost and feel the place. I forget who said it, but its true : " Sevilla does not have ambiance, Sevilla IS ambiance."

Have a great time, no matter what you end up doing.

#18589 - 01/24/01 07:28 PM Re: How much time to see Sevilla?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Wow. What a great quote.

That is true too. I get cravings for the slim streets of Sevilla like nothin else -AND, unlike Majesty, I didn't even live there!

#18590 - 01/24/01 09:29 PM Re: How much time to see Sevilla?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Yes, I went to Sevilla and glad I could, but I was also glad about the advice re: cold and rainy! because it was. Still magical, but i wasn't prepared for so little sun! Now i see Sevilla is considered to have an ATLANTIC climate because of the Gaudalquivir etc. That explains it! Still, i am so glad i went to Sevilla and explored the city. I can see the whole barrio de Santa Cruz and it is enthralling!!

#18591 - 01/25/01 09:33 AM Re: How much time to see Sevilla?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Sevilla's a magical city - to rush in for one day is sort of like saying - "Been there. Seen it. Done that". It's a city to be discovered slowly and savored - if you can't find at least two full days - save Sevilla for another trip.
Great quote!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1618 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments