Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18260 - 10/30/00 04:15 PM January Travel
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
I am currently heading to Sevilla for
a month long Spanish class, but the weather scares me. I am from Austin, and orginaly Cyprus, so I have never been in sub-freezing weather.

I am concerned because of the time of year that I will be there. I want to meet many international students along with many Spanish students.

Are there any similar month long language courses on the coast, warmer, Costa del Sol??
How is Cadiz, Malaga, or Salamance in January?

Help??

[This message has been edited by markides (edited 10-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by markides (edited 10-30-2000).]

#18261 - 10/31/00 12:52 AM Re: January Travel
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Well I'm from Hawaii (as warm, humid and tropical as it gets) and spent a semester in Sevilla, including January, and it was not bad at all....although I think that the weather was exceptionally warm...but I didn't really have a problem with the cold.
As for meeting international and Spanish students, Sevilla is as good a place as anywhere. TONS of students go there to study (mostly americans though, don't know what kind of international students you are interested in meeting). It is also easy to meet Spanish students. So don't worry about it, you will have a great time!

#18262 - 10/31/00 02:50 AM Re: January Travel
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
There's an excellent language school here on the coast in Nerja which I can recommend. I think they'll tailor a course to your requirements. It's called Quorum, and you can find them at :
www.nerjanet.com/quorum

eMail : quorum@nerjanet.com

Telepheone : +34-95-252-1486
Fax : +34-95-252-2271

Hope this helps!

dave

#18263 - 10/31/00 09:48 AM Re: January Travel
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I am also from Hawaii and have been in Sevilla during January. It gets chilly but NOT cold - not like Madrid (or Boston where I live now)or London or Paris. If you want to be warm (or relatively so) in January in Europe - Sevilla is a good choice. Which school will you be attending for your language courses? Have you found a place to stay yet?

#18264 - 10/31/00 04:31 PM Re: January Travel
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Thanks for the responses guys!!

I don't care too much about the outside temp,
I guess it has more to do with my living conditions, heating, insulated building, etc.

I am deciding between two schools there. One is smaller and the people I have been emailing there are great. The other is bigger, and has scheduled weekend excursions, more organized activities, etc.

Instituto Alhambra

or CLIC Centro de Languas y Intercambio Cultural

Does anyone know anything about these two schools?

I will be there from Jan 8th to early Feb.
If anyone is around, let me know, I am traveling alone and I would like to meet as many people as possibe.

I can't wait!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1564 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments