Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18038 - 09/11/00 01:48 PM Female Solo Travel
WanderGirl Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hello!

Just stumbled on to your great site... I recently took a sabbatical from my job to spend some time traveling. I booked a ticket to Madrid and purchased a Sapin Flexipass for 6 days of travel and will spend three weeks touring the country.

Do you have any suggestions for safe places for a female to travel and stay independently? Best places to meet others? I am very friendly so I haven't been that worried...yet

Plus, I like doing outdoor adventure activities... Anything you can recommend (i am not bringing any camping supplies with me).

One more thing. I LOVE to dance, but don't want to be out until all hours of ther morn since i'll be alone. Any suggestions of places to go that don't start at 4 a.m.?

Gracias,

WanderGirl

#18039 - 09/11/00 02:32 PM Re: Female Solo Travel
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I don't know why so many people think it is so dangerous for a women to be in Spain alone. I see so many posts about this and it baffles me where they get this idea. I guess maybe it's the whole european safety thing, or going to another country thing, but I will be the first to say you will be fine. A women alone in Madrid is safer than a women alone in Los Angeles (where i live) or any other big american city for that matter. Finding a place to dance that doesn't go out to the wee hours of the night is not very likely for the fact that is just how things are in spain. I fyou want to go out early and leave like at 3:00 or 4:00 you are leaving right when the party is getting started. I am a 23 yr old women who has traveled to Spain 4 times within the past 2 years and was allllllll alone for a month and several other times and nothing happened to me I was fine, just be smart and you will be fine, there is nothing to fear. Going out dancing all night is fine for the fact everyone else is out also so you won't be the only one walking the streets at 4,5,6,7:00am on a Saturday night, I guarantee it, or anywhere else in spain for that matter. I loooove to dance I and dance for 5 to 6 hours straight when I go to Spain, you won't have a problem finding a place to go. I always go to the surrounding towns of Madrid cause I prefer smaller clubs in smaller towns instead of realy BIG ones, but that is just a preference. There isn't a specific place in Spain that is safe for a women stay and places to stay that are safe for women, it's all safe, just be smart that's all. If you like outdoor activities, I am always the first to jump at the suggestions of going to the nearby town in Madrid called San Lorenzo Del Escorial, the town is nestled right next to the Guadarrama mountains and they have alot of biking and hiking activities and other outdoor things to do!! good luck and I hope you have a good time!!!!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2629 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments