Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91628 - 10/20/12 07:24 AM Madrid: Roof on the Ventas bullring ?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Following on from Pedmar's comment on the shoutbox :

http://www.espormadrid.es/2012/07/el-posible-techo-de-la-plaza-de-toros.html

It was retractable I'd say it was a good idea . If it's a permanent roof it'll destroy the feel of the place !

I haven't read the whole article yet but it does seem that the roof can come on and off ( taking upto 5 days ) .
It makes me wonder if they are doing this just in case the bullfight gets banned in Madrid ? With a roof there will now be many other uses ........

#91632 - 10/20/12 03:50 PM Re: Madrid: Roof on the Ventas bullring ? [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I suppose they'd like to better monetize the bullring all-year-round for uses other than bullfighting, like concerts and sporting events.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91634 - 10/20/12 06:46 PM Re: Madrid: Roof on the Ventas bullring ? [Re: MadridMan]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
That makes sense - but 5 days to swap the roof? What would be the price differential if it were automatic - as in push a button and the roof pulls back or extends?

#91635 - 10/21/12 05:09 AM Re: Madrid: Roof on the Ventas bullring ? [Re: Puna]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I agree ... Wimbledon covered it's centre Court in 2009 . Completely automatic . Wimbledon Centre Court seats 15,000 whilst the bullring is about 22,000 so it's definitely technically possible . The roof at Wimbledon takes 10 minutes to close and open !

#91639 - 10/21/12 01:14 PM Re: Madrid: Roof on the Ventas bullring ? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well of course it to make it more profitable, as to whether permanent or not, ask the budget office lol!! and EU ::)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2768 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments