Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85151 - 08/25/09 12:29 PM JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
Hi everyone - Well, I have 12 days left before we leave for Malaga, but my question today is with respect to a location in Madrid. I've booked some tours with VIATOR, which works with Julia Travel in Madrid. My departure point is Plaza de Espana, 7. GOOGLE maps isn't helpful as it gives me about 6 or 7 different locations! Some that don't even look like they are in Madrid. So, poor me is confused. We will be staying at the Best Western Atlantico on Gran Via, so if anyone would like to help me out by steering me to Plaza de Espana, 7 for Julia Travel departures, I would sincerely appreciate it. I'm hoping we can walk from the hotel to the pick up location.

Thanks in advance!
Denise

#85152 - 08/25/09 05:03 PM Re: JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid [Re: Denise 2009]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Hi Denise!

From The BW Atlanico you would go up/nort west on Gran Via.

As far as I know, there's only one Plaza de Espana in Madrid, so have a look at the Google map again or look at a metro map.

Your hotel is at the Callao station. The next stop on Gran Via is is Espana. You could take #3 metro but it's not far. Besides, that's what the Gran Via is for. A nice walk.

You're very close.
Have a look here

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4TSHA_enUS310US310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Plaza+de+Espa%C3%B1a,+7+28008,+Madrid,+Spain&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=WVaUSoyCNpDKsQOf3ZTPDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1

P.S.

The Altantico is a nice hotel. Make sure to go to the top and have a look at the view of the city.

Edited by Rodolfo (08/25/09 05:26 PM)

#85154 - 08/25/09 08:01 PM Re: JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
Denise 2009 Offline

Thank you very much, Rudy. I can see from your link that it's not far. I do wonder why google gives me so many options! I would think that the BW people should be familiar with the place too - I hope!! And as long as it's that close, I can imagine we will walk. Gracias, again!

#85156 - 08/26/09 05:08 AM Re: JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid [Re: Denise 2009]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Denise .. I agree with Rudy ... Walking would be your best option .. I do it often . bear in mind , however , that Plaza de Espaņa is probably one of the biggest squares / intersections in Madrid so it would be worth checking exactly where you have to go before leaving .

#85157 - 08/26/09 06:39 AM Re: JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
Denise 2009 Offline

That's what I'm trying to do, Steve. I'm looking for Plaza de Espana 7, Julias Travel. Perhaps if I could find an email address for them, they would offer to send a link to a map. Hmmm..there's an idea! And I think I have that on one of the vouchers. Mornings are hard on the brain! *LOL*

#85158 - 08/26/09 09:27 AM Re: JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid [Re: Denise 2009]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Denise 2009,
I just looked at Plaza de Espana on Google Maps doing a street view function. And, by "walking down the street" I saw Julia Travel. Julia Travel seems to be right next to an apartment building called "Apartamentos Plaza de Espana." There is a cafeteria/restaurant in between the entrance to the apartment building and Julia Tours.

Here's how to get there: As you walk from your hotel on Gran Via, you will turn left just before you get to Plaza de Espana. (When you see the Starbucks, that's your intersection. Turn left here.) That road is apparently called Plaza de Espana according to Google Maps. You will walk by a restaurant called The Wok (assuming it's still there when you arrive), a bank called Sabadell Atlantico, a building under construction that has a "CBS Outdoor" sign on it, another building called "Edificio Catalunya," and then you will see the apartment building I mentioned above.

It looks like Julia Tours is basically on the "south" side of Plaza de Espana. If it helps, the street is the one that eventually turns into Calle de los Reyes (and is Cuesta de San Vicente before it reaches the Plaza). Try looking at a map of Plaza de Espana again to see if this makes sense.

Good luck!

#85161 - 08/26/09 12:30 PM Re: JULIĀTRAVEL, Plaza de Espaņa, 7 Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
Denise 2009 Offline

I'll do that when I get home tonite (at work now). Thank you so much!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2718 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments