Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83690 - 01/25/09 11:39 AM Easter in Barcelona
txbella Offline

Loc: London UK (originally from Aus...
It's been 4 years since I've been to Spain and I'm thinking about going to Barcelona over the UK Easter Bank Holiday weekend. Has anyone been at Easter and anything I should be aware of during that time?

#83693 - 01/25/09 05:27 PM Re: Easter in Barcelona [Re: txbella]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
mmmmm I can´t answer your question directly right now but I am travelling to Barcelona on Tuesday .. Phew ! An invitation from a friend who´s driving there for business A free ride !.. I have many friend´s in Barcelona so I´ll see if I can get some info . Steve

#83696 - 01/26/09 11:56 AM Re: Easter in Barcelona [Re: steve robinson]
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Well, I don't think you'll have any problems unless air pilots or airport workers decide to go on strike in that time.
Weather at that time in Barcelona should be very pleasant for sightseeing but a bit cold for swimming at the beach.
You may also find some bars and restaurants closed because Easter time is a holiday in Barcelona too.
I suggest you to have all your reservations as soon as posible.
Have a great time in Spain.

Edited by Valenciano_en_Madrid (01/26/09 12:00 PM)

#83699 - 01/26/09 01:28 PM Re: Easter in Barcelona [Re: Valenciano_en_Madrid]
txbella Offline

Loc: London UK (originally from Aus...
cool, thanks Steve and Damian...I didn't really expect there to be any problems lol...just wondering anything specific I should know about or check out during that weekend. I realize that some of the shops will be closed because of the holiday.
I'm pretty sure I'll be staying at the Pension Casa Goya based on MadridMan's blog about when he stayed in Barcelona. I contacted them today and their rates are great especially considering that is typically a busy weekend and it looks really cute! Now if only the airfare that weekend was as good! wink

Edited by MadridMan (01/26/09 02:32 PM)
Edit Reason: include hostel link

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1517 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments