Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24644 - 07/23/06 09:03 PM Sevilla, cordoba and granada
Bob New York Offline

Loc: Maryland
My partner and I will be going to Sevilla in March 2007. We got a great deal. We will be there for one week. I was wondering how difficult it would be trying to get to cordoba and granada.

We only have 6 days to see these three cities. any recommendations? Hotels? rent a car?

any suggestions please let me know

Bob

#24645 - 07/24/06 06:19 AM Re: Sevilla, cordoba and granada
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Cordoba is an hour by train from Sevilla: you may want to do it as a daytrip.

Sorry, I can't help you on Granada except to say it's somewhat further, not 'daytrip' distance.

IMHO, you don't need or want a car in the city of Sevilla; but you may want to rent one to do a two-day or so Andalucia 'loop' (Jerez de la frontera, Arcos de la frontera, Cadiz, Ronda, Granada, etc.)

Semana Santa is the first week of April, 2007 so March prices should be 'off-season,' but the good old days of 'everything's cheap' in Spain went out the window when the currency changed to the Euro back in 2001. eek

Eddie (native New Yorker)

#24646 - 07/24/06 03:51 PM Re: Sevilla, cordoba and granada
Bob New York Offline

Loc: Maryland
Thank you for the advise. I truly appreciate it.

#24647 - 07/29/06 05:54 PM Re: Sevilla, cordoba and granada
gopheliad Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Hi Bob,

This past June I did five nights in Sevilla, taking a day trip to Cordoba and then moving to Granada for two nights there. Both are easily done by train, and you can find schedules online at www.renfe.es. I think Cordoba is about an hour by train and Granada is closer to three hours. Personally, I wouldn't get a car.

Cordoba is totally do-able in a day. I loved Granada at night though and would spend at least one night there. Especially if you plan to visit the Alhambra, I would come to Granada the night before and do the first Alhambra tour in the morning (Book online before you go!!). In Granada I stayed at the Macia Plaza in Plaza Nueva. The location was great. However, if you are looking for a more quaint hotel, this one is pretty modern.

Hope this helps!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments