Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24425 - 01/24/06 07:56 AM ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Hello
In June, my boyfriend and I are going to Spain. Madrid is our starting point and our ending point, but we would like to spend about 4 days in one other city.....I was wondering if you had to choose between Sevilla and Valencia, which would you choose? Also, is Valencia close to a beach?

Thanks!!!

#24426 - 01/24/06 09:18 AM Re: ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I have not been "yet" to Valencia, but I did spend a week in Sevilla. What I loved about Sevilla is:

The cathedral and Giralda Tower.

The Alcazar and it's impressive garden.

The Bella Artes museum, is a must see art museum.

Flamenco Shows – I went twice to Casa de la Memoria de Andadus, on Ximenez de Enciso 28. Tickets are around 10 euros and get there early as seating is first come.

Tapas Bars - Sevilla was the first Spanish city I visited and was introduced to Tapas bars here. For me I like the tapas bars of Sevilla better than Madrid. I hope no one in Madrid read this.

The Barrio de Santa Cruz district – fun district to walk around and stop by the tapas bars found here.

Plaza de España – even thought it is run down a little still has impressive tiles and views.

Walking the streets of Sevilla.

Most of all the people I found there were friendly and fun.

After spending five days here, when I departed for Granada I felt could have spent another week here. thumbsup

(I would like to here from those about Valencia, should I visit it to on my next trip to Spain?)

Bill

#24427 - 01/24/06 04:27 PM Re: ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Now as someone pointed out recently, Valencia is an underrated city. I love it. But if forced to choose, it has to be Sevilla. Sorry Valencia. Valencia is right on the beach, though, so if it's beach you want, well then it has to be Valencia. Now, further afield is another great city - on the beach too - and that's Barcelona. But you wouldn't have time for the beach with all there is to see. Basically, it's down to: do you want to go sightseeing or hang out on the beach?

#24428 - 01/25/06 05:13 AM Re: ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
angeles1 Offline

I would choose Seville, is a great city with a rich cultural history and arquitecture. Adjacent to the Catedral and Alcazar is the old Barrio Santa Cruz. Once the city's Jewish quarter, it consists of twisting medieval streets and at night it's a hot spot for bars and restaurants.

Crossing the Guadalquivir river at the Bridge of Triana, you enter one of the most typical and traditional quarters of Seville, the Barrio de Triana.

An infinite number of bars in the city offer Tapas “mini dishes” accompanied by fine Sherries.

Seville is also the spiritual home of the Flamenco and several clubs present performances.

Enjoy it!

#24429 - 01/26/06 02:21 PM Re: ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Both cities are awesome!

I only know Valencia from a visit during las Fallas, a festival to honor St. Joseph (March 19). I am sure there is more to this city. I need to go there again some day.

Sevilla is very pictoresque. You can walk for hours, day and night, and still find things to see and do. I love the river that crosses the city and also the diversity of the neighborhoods. There are many landmarks to visit.

On any given occasion, I would choose Sevilla above all other cities, but that is only because of the happy memories I have of being in that city during my youth.

#24430 - 01/31/06 04:36 PM Re: ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
eltorero Offline

Los dos! It would be extremely hard to choose. I love both cities. Sevilla will probably be the popular choice among most folks, but I would choose Valencia.

#24431 - 03/08/06 11:23 AM Re: ¿Sevilla or Valencia?
Vedouze Offline

Sevilla has got atmosphere, Valencia has got the sea

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2397 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments