Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24432 - 01/19/06 10:06 AM Madrid/Seville: best places to visit for a family?
ellies spirit Offline

Loc: minnesota
Hi, We are traveling with one adult and one teenage child and are wondering your suggestions of best places to eat and see in March for Madrid, Seville and surrounding areas. We have a limited amount of time - one week and want to make the most of it - a trip to remember for the family.
Thank you,
Ellies spirit in Minnesota

#24433 - 01/20/06 04:59 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: best places to visit for a family?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Ellies there are thousands of restaurants in Madrid. Since I am an old fashioned guy I only care about the ones in the historical center. And there you have only three:
Botin
Casa Paco
Lucio

#24434 - 01/20/06 09:06 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: best places to visit for a family?
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
I vote for El Botin's also. There is also the tidbit about Hemingway eating there and including it in his novels. As a student, I could only afford Bocadillos but I have returned many times to Botin's as a tourist....and maybe it is a tourist stop off. My friends always tell me I can get good roasted pig for less at other places. Nonetheless, I just love to visit this place. It is right off the Plaza Mayor with lots of Mesones to visit...Meson de la Tortilla is my favorite...great Tortilla of course, Manchego cheese, and Jamon Serano.....if you like mushrooms, walk a little further to Meson de Champinon. Of course you will have to try a good Paella while you are in Spain. I bet people from Spain could give good advice for that. The wife of my best friend has always made Paella for me when I visit. It is the best!

#24435 - 01/20/06 10:21 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: best places to visit for a family?
ellies spirit Offline

Andres and Gretchen -thank you!

#24436 - 01/21/06 04:17 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: best places to visit for a family?
JohnT Offline

Loc: Media, PA
I just returned from Madrid on a family vacation. One of the problems is finding stuff for kids. There are plenty of great museums, but kids get tired of that real fast. Yelmo Ideal Cineplex has alot of English language movies playing (Plaza Jacincto Bevavente, near Sol), the Teleferico cable car was alot of fun, if the kids are into flea markets, the Rastro on Sunday mornings is fun (near Plaza Mayor). Frommer's Madrid had a section "Especially for Kids" which has some good suggestions. For adults, don't miss the Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, or Lazaro Galdiano museums. The Lazaro Galdiano is a bit out of the way, but well worth the trouble of seeing (think Frick Collection in NYC).

#24437 - 01/21/06 10:22 PM Re: Madrid/Seville: best places to visit for a family?
ellies spirit Offline

Thank you JohnT for the great info.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments