Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24270 - 09/12/05 11:06 PM Madrid: El Palacio Real Entrance Fee
caramel Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Hello,

My family and I will be going to Madrid this October. I was just wondering if anyone knows the latest entrance fees for El Palacio Real. Thank you very much!

#24271 - 09/13/05 03:11 AM Re: Madrid: El Palacio Real Entrance Fee
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)

#24272 - 09/13/05 06:59 AM Re: Madrid: El Palacio Real Entrance Fee
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I don't remember whether it's Wednesdays or Thursdays; but one day a week Spanish Nationals get in free. You should avoid visiting on those days because it is a 'mob scene.' Lots of School groups visit on 'free days.' eek

#24273 - 09/13/05 07:12 AM Re: Madrid: El Palacio Real Entrance Fee
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
On Wednesdays you can visit all Patrimonio Nacional places for free. But note that this only applies to EU citizens.

#24274 - 09/13/05 11:38 AM Re: Madrid: El Palacio Real Entrance Fee
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
I'm so glad I opened this thread up and read it! I don't mean to change the topic of conversation here, but I think this in keeping with the general idea, and would appreciate the help of those in Madrid as my time in Madrid will be limited.

As I understand it from my research, the Palacio Real is one of the few places open on Mondays, but it is free to EU members on Wednesdays, correct? This could possibly mean large numbers of people on Wednesday? (This is the day I had tentatively planned to go, but may have to re-think)

Also, the Prado is closed on Mondays, but is free on Sundays, correct? However, Sundays usually attracts crowds from what I understand? (I hate crowds in musuems where I like to wander and browse at my leisure, and plan to spend quite a bit of time in the Prado) I had tentatively planned on going to the Prado on a Tuesday, but again, may switch plans around.

I'll be spending 3 1/2 days in Madrid the first week of October. (One of those days might be a day trip to Segovia, however) Any comments from those living in Madrid or who have visited? Thanks!

#24275 - 09/13/05 12:07 PM Re: Madrid: El Palacio Real Entrance Fee
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I love Madrid and totally agree not to head to the museum when it is too crowded! Maybe try when it just opens or closes on Sunday? Than there might be less people? I took advantage of going often with my student id card(only 1.50 Euros!!)

Definitely make sure your check out other museums besides the Prado. The Thyssen and Reina Sofia are both amazing!

There is so much to do in three days, I would recommend not wasting a second, although don't stress yourself out if you can not stick to your itinerary.

Enjoy---MADRID in 9 days for me! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2865 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments