Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23671 - 02/26/05 09:09 PM Beaches
Marilyn Offline

Loc: New Jersey
If you only had time to go to one, which Atlantic Ocean beach would be preferred-- Ayamonte, Mazagon or Chipiona? If you were to go to Chipiona, where would you stay?

#23672 - 02/27/05 09:54 AM Re: Beaches
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I've been to the playa del Parador in Mazagon several times. It's not rated very highly in comparitive ratings, but I like it (Relatives have a couple of Condos in Mazagon). Chipiona is very popular with U.S. Military people from nearby Rota Naval Base but the closest I have been to Chipiona playa is el Puerto de Santa Maria. rolleyes

If I was going as far as Ayamonte I think I would continue on to Faro or Lagos in the Portuguese Algarve.

I may try to make it back to Mazagon for Semana Santa when relatives from Madrid come down to open up their summer place. I think I might try Matalascañas next time because of its proximity to el Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio and its golf facilities. cool

#23673 - 02/27/05 11:22 AM Re: Beaches
Lonoma Offline

Loc: Sevilla, Spain.
I would prefer Chipiona for the beach. It’s 8 kms from Sanlúcar where is always nice to have some drinks and tapas. Both Chipiona and Ayamonte are towns, while Mazagón is a seaside resort. In Chipiona the beach is in town.

I would stay at Hotel Virgen del Rocío (four stars), Hotel Playa (3 stars www.chipiona.com ) or at Hostal Guadalupe (one star).Everything is booked in August
Sanlúcar Hotel Virgen del Rocío Hotel Playa

#23674 - 02/27/05 10:53 PM Re: Beaches
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
To check beach areas, go to www.esplaya.com There is an interactive map and you can click on each of the beaches to see pics and get a rating. Some even video.

#23675 - 02/28/05 06:34 AM Re: Beaches
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Lonoma writes:
Quote:
I would prefer Chipiona for the beach. It’s 8 kms from Sanlúcar where is always nice to have some drinks and tapas. ...
Yeah! I love that Manzanilla that comes from Sanlucar de Barrameda, ice cold with tapas, too.
Quote:
Both Chipiona and Ayamonte are towns, while Mazagón is a seaside resort. ...
The last time I took a local Bus from Huelva to Mazagon, a lot of University Students got off after the Colon monument, just before Mazagon (Palos de la frontera?). So it's a bit more than just a seaside resort (IMHO).

#23676 - 02/28/05 11:22 AM Re: Beaches
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Thanks for the link SalaChic smile

#23677 - 03/10/05 09:23 PM Re: Beaches
Marilyn Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Although the end of this month (March) might be too cool to enjoy the beach, has anyone a comment about which exact beach to go to in Estepona on Costal del SOl? Hostal La Malaguena is highly rec. in Eyewitness books.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1777 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments