Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23512 - 01/25/05 02:23 PM been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
sdnj33 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I am travelling with a friend from March 24th through April 3rd and need some guidance as to where to go given the places I have been. As for the types of places I like my friend and I are in out mid 20's and like a mix of culture and fun! I loved Granada! Last time I went with another friend we went to Seville, but it was so hot we had to leave and didn't like it very much. Maybe we were missing something. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks! Sara

#23513 - 01/26/05 06:52 AM Re: been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
You'll be there during Semana Santa so you might want to be close to a city that has some activities that week (i.e., Sevilla even if you've been there before). Andalucia is also more likely to have moderate temperatures during the time you are there. You could 'base' yourselves in Cadiz and daytrip to Sevilla, Jerez de la frontera, or even to Costa del Sol resorts (Marbella, Torremolinos, Malaga). Keep in mind that lots of 'locals' are 'off' Mar 26 & 27 and Monday, Mar 30.

One year, we were in Sevila viernes de Semana Santa and on Apr 5 it was 95-degrees (F).

#23514 - 01/26/05 09:36 AM Re: been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
sdnj33 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Wow I can't beleive it was that warm! Thank you for the suggestions. Would somewhere like Toledo still be pretty cold? Do you know how I can find out what towns have for semana santa?

#23515 - 01/26/05 09:49 AM Re: been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Eddie wrote:
Quote:
One year, we were in Sevila viernes de Semana Santa and on Apr 5 it was 95-degrees (F).
And the Sevilla viernes de Semana Santa 1998(?) when I was there all night in front of the cathedral (folding chairs - for a price) watching the processions it was at the freezing mark. We were nearly frozen solid by sunrise if it were not for the near-hourly breaks for a hot coffee at an indoor café. Brrrr... Just depends on your luck, I guess.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23516 - 01/30/05 08:58 PM Re: been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
Bob New York Offline

Loc: Maryland
i reccomend that you go and visit Cadiz. Especially the old section.. great beach also...spend three days then go to juarez where you can visit the sherry company and the head for sevilla for a great time of celebration during Easter week

#23517 - 01/31/05 12:05 PM Re: been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
deirdrefcrc Offline

Loc: NYC
I wouldn't pass up a day trip to Toledo either. It my absolute favorite. The history or the city and the architecture are breath taking. It's like being in another century.

#23518 - 02/28/05 08:24 PM Re: been to madrid, barc, granada, nerja and seville, where should I go now?
BeatleGirl518 Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I would recommend Cordoba as a city to check out, especially considering that you enjoyed Granada--they share a certain Moorish charm that I absolutely loved. Toledo is beautiful and interesting, but I think that Cordoba has a better blend of 'history and fun.' The mezquita is completely jaw-dropping, and there are lots of good cafe options nearby. Not sure about Semana Santa specifically, but I would imagine it to be pretty spectacular! Have fun!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1419 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments