Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23487 - 01/18/05 05:17 AM Two weeks in Spain
Bopat Offline

Loc: USA Florida
My wife and I will be in Spain the 1st 2 weeks of April. In our other travels to Europe we have enjoyed the small towns better than large cities. We like local bars and dance clubs and seeing the old churches and quaint towns. Is 2 weeks enought time for both south and north Spain? If not, We would appreciate some thoughts on which to do on our first trip. Thank You

#23488 - 01/18/05 05:58 AM Re: Two weeks in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I believe Sevilla's Feria de abril begins on 12 Apr this year (early Easter). It's worth a stop. cool

As to seeing Northern & Southern Spain in 2-weeks, that will be a problem unless you fly to intermediate destinations. Vueling, Spain's new discount air carrier (operating out of Barcelona) has some excellent fares/schedules. Iberia and Spanair both have 'Visit Spain' plans: so much per flight segment with a minimum purchase of 3-segments.

I was in Potes (Cantabria) for Santo Toribio (16 Apr) one April not to long ago: Search & Rescue Guardias, who rescue people in the mountains, were having a competition that included cross-country skiing. That might give you an idea of what to expect in the north.

For a first time visitor to Spain: In April, unless you have compelling reasons for visiting northern Spain I think I would limit myself to the south. rolleyes

#23489 - 01/18/05 11:00 AM Re: Two weeks in Spain
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
Actually, Easter begins the 20th of March this year, so it will be history by the time you arrive. I think you could reasonably do North and South Spain in two weeks, but really with the aid of a rental car. the country is so varied that you could easily spend two weeks in just one particular part, maybe looking at a Lonely Planet guidebook would give you some ideas. The weather will definitely be more pleasant in the south, but we get our fair share of rain here in April.

#23490 - 01/18/05 01:54 PM Re: Two weeks in Spain
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
One of the most enjoyable towns we've ever seen is Cazorla, in the Jaen province. It is in the mountains, you'll never see an American, the food is great, the bars are hopping with locals. I highly recommend it. There is a castle with a museum in it--when we were there we got our own private tour. Go to Granada, see the Alhambra of course, then rent a car and drive to Cazorla. I think it takes maybe one hour and a half.

#23491 - 01/19/05 12:18 PM Re: Two weeks in Spain
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
Feria in Sevilla is April 12 – 17 this year. I think that two weeks is not really sufficient time for a quality trip to both North and South. In April, temperatures will be much warmer in the south. There are many charming pueblos blancos (white-washed villages) in the Andalusia region in the southwest. Also many wonderful towns and cities to see in many parts of the south of Spain.

A good source of info is www.sol.com

Enjoy your trip, Fred

#23492 - 01/22/05 03:03 PM Re: Two weeks in Spain
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
I have stayed in a small market town outside of Sevilla at the hotel San Sebastian, with friends, as a base of operations for forays into Sevilla and enjoyed it very much, there is a great restaurant called La Lliebre you will have to patronize if you go. The town is called Los Palacios de Villa Fran. You can have a good time just experimenting though, stop in any town and just poke around!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1707 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments