Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23443 - 01/01/05 11:59 PM Barcelona underground ruins
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
At an early point in my reading about Spain, I read that you can take tours of Celtic and Roman ruins under Barcelona. Now I can't find that information. Does anyone out there have any information about underground ruins? Thanks.

#23444 - 01/02/05 02:52 PM Re: Barcelona underground ruins
ggladman Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Hi DJC...

Yes, there is a museum in Barcelona where you can see the excavated remains of the original Roman settlement of Barcino. It's in the Plaça del Rei, not too far from the Cathedral, and it's called the Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat.

You can get more information from the museum's website . Although you do have to use your imagination a little to picture just how the ruins originally might have looked, it really does bring home just how ancient the city really is.

Hope this helps...
-greg

#23445 - 01/02/05 03:46 PM Re: Barcelona underground ruins
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
Greg, thank you so much. I have added your post to my trip planning page so I won't loose the reference. It was just what I was looking for and I have contacted the Museum to see if they have headsets or anything for us dummies who speak very little other than English. Donnie

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2246 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments