Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23371 - 11/28/04 08:03 PM Need some info on Luanco
ZabriP Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
I'm planning on visiting Spain in March and have an offer from a relative to stay in their vacation apartment in Luanco. Can any one share some info on this town, Ive done some searches and havent gotten alot of info. If we do decide to stay there, what is close by that we can visit?

#23372 - 11/28/04 11:44 PM Re: Need some info on Luanco
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
If you have relatives offering a vacation apartment in Luanco, grab it. I have never been to that town, but I have been to many places nearby in Asturias--it is a spectacular coastline, a very beautiful part of Spain with great food, good surfing (with a wet suit) and lots of beautiful villages. You will see no Americans, very few people will speak English, so it will be a real immersion into Spanish culture. The summer I spent in Cantabria and Asturias is one of the highlights of my life. Go for it, you will have a great time. If you're there in the summer, you'll find that even the smallest villages still have a great night life.

#23373 - 11/29/04 03:14 AM Re: Need some info on Luanco
victoria Offline

Loc: Canary Islands
Hi. I rarely post on this board, but I couldn't resist. I completely agree with the previous poster. If you have the chance to go to Asturias, definitely take it. Luanco is a small costal town, which is quite lovely. It's quite popular with Spanish tourists in the summer. The beaches in Asturias are absolutely beautiful. Luanco is quite near to many places of interest-- Candás, which is another pretty town is nearby. It's also very near to both Gijón and Oviedo which are both worth a visit. You will not lack things to do in Asturias, I can assure you. There's something for everyone, breathtaking scenery-beaches, mountains, forests, rivers, fantastic food, friendly people, good shopping. I spent 3 months there 10 years ago and have returned countless times (my husband is Asturian) and I still am amazed every time I go. Though the public transport throughout the region is quite good, I would recommend a car. The only caveat is that March is still quite chilly and is bound to be wet, but nevertheless,I say, go!

#23374 - 11/29/04 08:24 AM Re: Need some info on Luanco
ZabriP Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
How exciting to read your replies! Thank you so much for the information. Were planning on staying along that nothern coast and border with France while we are there. Im so happy I found this board!!!

#23375 - 12/17/04 11:37 PM Re: Need some info on Luanco
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Absolutely take it. I side with the "rent a car" while there, too. The rail is FEVE, and the roads are not too much fun if you're taking a bus. With a car you can at least pass the truck traffic that has basically one route along the north coast, and slows traffic down.

Asturias is worth driving through slow, though...it's quite possibly the most beautiful region of Spain, top to bottom, east to west. Of course, I like green, mountains, and water...Asturias has all of this in abudance.

I was there from April to July years ago, and don't recall it being too chilly, although the coast will be more exposed...and in March, somewhat uninhabited. Enjoy!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2437 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments