Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23248 - 09/10/04 11:24 AM Madrid - Newbie here
SLK Offline

Loc: UK
Just wanted to say a big hello to everyone here.

I've not long returned from a short break in Madrid and loved it. Tons to do and see. I loved the heat, loved the food, metro was a doddle to work out. I'm now looking to go back over in spring. Hopefully if anyone is interested we can say hello in person smile

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

SLK.

#23249 - 09/10/04 11:30 AM Re: Madrid - Newbie here
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Welcome to our little message board, SLK.

Glad to know you enjoyed your visit to Spain too. I too will/should be returning to Madrid for a short visit over the Semana Santa/Holy Week holiday. And YOU know what THAT means!!! (well, YOU don't know what it means but others do)

PARTY WITH MADRIDMAN IN MADRID!!! I think this will be the .... umm... 6th, 7th, or 8th party now. I've lost count.

If you can't attend I wish you a nice return to Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#23250 - 09/10/04 12:00 PM Re: Madrid - Newbie here
SLK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks. A party is always good news. laugh

#23251 - 09/10/04 12:59 PM Re: Madrid - Newbie here
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
MadridMan-
Looks like we've both caught the Semana Santa fever. I've already got my plane tickets for next year and have vowed to secure my room in Sevilla early this time. Actually tried a hotel I saw last year that was really cute and they were already booked! eek Hopefully, I'll be able to make the party this year. laugh

SLK-welcome to this board. There are a great group of people here. Very friendly and informative place to visit.

#23252 - 09/10/04 03:40 PM Re: Madrid - Newbie here
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
No MadridMan Party this December?

How crowded is it in Madrid for Semana Santa?

#23253 - 09/10/04 08:02 PM Re: Madrid - Newbie here
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Booklady et.al., December visits are a bit different me, you know. Most everybody close to me in Madrid are on vacation during that holiday and my visits are always very very short (I won't likely be there more than 9 or 10 days) and I've got to make the most of my time with them. Besides, there are USUALLY much fewer tourists in Madrid over Christmas as opposed to Semana Santa. And (another besides), the parties almost never take place DURING Semana Santa but rather the week before or the week after.

USUALLY Semana Santa visits cover 2 weeks and it's easier. However, it's still not certain I'll have enough leftover time off to stay two weeks - might only be one. Ugh. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2242 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments