MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#23185 - 08/17/04 06:34 PM Spain
tobbria Offline

Loc: chicago
For All The Member Friend's.
I am planing to go to spain in nov04.my daughter
is going with me she is 15 and i have 9days.
I have very limited $.
Need help!!!!
1,Safe and cheap way to travel.
2,Safe place to stay.
3,Are hostel's safe?
trying to cover Madrid2days,savilla 1day,granada 1day gibraltar 1/2day and boat to morroco for 2days rabat or casablanca.
Thanks in Advance.

#23186 - 08/17/04 09:02 PM Re: Spain
Happy Birthday mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
The earlier you book, the cheaper the ticket, usually. On www.iberia.com , you can get both of your round trip tickets for less than $1000.00 out of chicago, if you book soon. The metros and the busses in Spain are very reasonably priced as well as safe. There are numerous threads on this website concerning inexpensive, safe hostels. I'm sure you will get more responses to your questions...Good luck

#23187 - 08/20/04 04:14 AM Re: Spain
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
My visitor coming in November has a $566 ticket on Iberia (American code-share) out of Chicago that also includes her travel to and from Chicago from another regional airport.

#23188 - 08/20/04 01:15 PM Re: Spain
tobbria Offline

Mency,
Thanks for 4 your reply I am working on air ticket
U are right Earlier is cheaper,Is hostel Posadade huerta,Madrid is safe?
Thanks

ChrisR,Thanks for your Reply.
I am checking Iberia As right now Is giving me
$411.00 air Tax $58.40.Total $469.40 in month of Nov p.p.flying from chicago.
Mon/thurs. Fri Sat Sun $50.00 Extra.and (spanair) Have very good sale for nov04 39.00Euro one way

#23189 - 08/20/04 01:29 PM Re: Spain
tobbria Offline

Correction!!!!
Spanair Spain Domestic destinations. 39.00 Euros.

#23190 - 08/20/04 01:37 PM Re: Spain
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Although you probably won't want to do this for this trip due to time constraints, for the future if you want THE cheapest, if not necessarily the easiest, way to get to Europe, go through Whole Earth Travel. I flew one way from LA to Paris (they have NYC-Madrid flights and might have them from Chicago, but they didn't have them from LA), in 2000 (rates might have changed) for $150.00 US! The second time I did it I had a little scare catching the flight, since it is on stand-by, but the people on the airline rushed me out to the waiting plane (Air France no less, good wine with my meal!), and everyone on the plane CHEERED when I made it! What an experience. It can be nerve wracking because you do not know until the last minute if you have the seat, and may have to return another day. I never had to. I got a flight from Paris to Madrid for, I think, $75, maybe less. I am not sure if they are still in business, but do a web search under "Whole Earth Travel." Very nice people, and the rates cannot be beaten.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2078 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments