Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22906 - 05/05/04 01:19 PM Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
leeshell Offline

Loc: Omaha, NE USA
A friend and I are traveling to Spain from June 8th to June 23rd and then on to S. France until June 28th. We will be in Madrid, Seville, Malaga, Valencia, & Barcelona. What are some suggestions of places, fiestas, museums, etc. that should not be missed? Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks laugh

#22907 - 06/05/04 04:17 PM Re: Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
Hi Leeshell, in Valencia, you have to go for drinks at the Bodegeta de Cavallers on Carrer dels Cavallers after midnight. It is in the heart of the neighborhood called Carmen, or Carme - anyone there can show you. It is a small place, as are most bars in Carme, don't be put off, it is a great place. Have a great trip!

#22908 - 06/06/04 08:56 PM Re: Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
leeshell Offline

GuiaGuiri thanks so much for your response. We leave in 2 days, I am so excited and cannot wait to experience all that I can in Spain. Thanks again.

#22909 - 06/07/04 04:51 AM Re: Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
You might want to check your travel itinerary with Todo Fiestas to see if there is anything happening in the towns where you are going when you are going.

Have fun!

#22910 - 06/07/04 05:30 AM Re: Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Ideas for exciting places not to be missed??

Quote:
... traveling to Spain from June 8th to June 23rd ... We will be in Madrid, Seville, Malaga, Valencia, & Barcelona. What are some suggestions of places, fiestas, museums, etc. that should not be missed?
Don't you think you should have asked that question before 'firming up' your itinerary? San Antonio is in there somewhere (13 Jun??). There's a small fiesta San Antonio in Madrid near the rio Manzanares and the Iglesia San Antonio.

Any other stuff I know of is away from your route (like the horse show in Jerez de la frontera) or outside your calendar.

#22911 - 06/19/04 06:39 PM Re: Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
leeshell Offline

Well Eddie, I would say that yes we could have asked before "firming up" our itenerary if we were so anal that we would decide our trip on what others think, but we decided ALL of Spain is worth seeing and we are happy for any suggestion that we get, if no suggestions come then we are happy to explore and find out ourselves. Thanks so much for your CARE!! Thanks

#22912 - 06/21/04 09:52 AM Re: Ideas for exciting places not to be missed
Steve Gorten Offline

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Leeshell,

Don't be upset. Eddie just didn't phrase things well. Ok, since you will be going to South France, there's an area near there which I'm going to in July and I've heard is beautiful during summer. San Sebastian is the name of the city. Right on the water, great beaches, food, beautiful views in Basque County, an amusement park on top of a mountain (Mount Igueldo). It's a short drive from France.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2787 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments