Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22710 - 03/17/04 08:02 AM Crossing the Pyrenees
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
This year I am staying in a bungalow on the French side of the Pyrenees near Fois(Fos) and will want to day-trip over to Spain or maybe even make a run to Barcelona. Any suggestions of destinations near the border?

#22711 - 03/17/04 10:33 AM Re: Crossing the Pyrenees
Miguelito Offline

I don't know very well that area, it looks Barcelona is a bit far for a day trip, isn't it?
The roads in mountains have lot of curves...
I think I've heard about Ripoll, Vic, La Seu D'Urgell if you want to look for information about htis places, also Vall d'Aran and Aigües Tortes are beautiful although they're farther.

#22712 - 03/17/04 11:01 AM Re: Crossing the Pyrenees
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
If you don't have a car, Barcelona will be too far.
Around the Pyrenees area there are wonderful places, like the Nuria valley (near Pigcerda, in the border), where a ride in a rack train will lift you to a 2000m valley with a sanctuary home of the virgin of Nuria.
It's an alpine scennery just under the shadow of the mighty Puigmal peak (just under 3000m)

#22713 - 03/19/04 02:57 PM Re: Crossing the Pyrenees
Ernesto Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN, N.A.
The road that runs from Perpignan, FR to Prades and up through the Pyrenees to Andorra then down into the Noguerra Palaressa and Segre River valleys, is amazing. Stay in Sort, a wonderful, magical village, whose name means "Lucky" in Catala. Buy a lottery ticket there! I can't say enough how friendly the people were.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1825 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments