Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#22549 - 02/03/04 11:55 PM Arcos vs Ronda
dora Offline

I'd like to spend a couple nights in either Arcos or Ronda while I'm traveling in Spain in May/June - but can't decide between the two. Would you recommend one over the other??

#22550 - 02/04/04 03:36 PM Re: Arcos vs Ronda
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
If you ask me to pick between a city in Andalucia and a city anywhere else in Spain, I will always pick the Andalusian locale. And Ronda definitely has the mystique that only towns down south have...Moorish architecture, the smell of orange trees, the exuberance and warmth of its residents...sigh. Don't get me wrong, every region has their thing. But Andalucia is magical.

Ronda is amazing with its gorge, Puente Nuevo, Plaza de España and lovely whitewashed houses that are reminiscent of Greece. Ronda, hands down.

#22551 - 02/04/04 07:23 PM Re: Arcos vs Ronda
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
We enjoyed both towns, but found Ronda to be a better place ot stay. There is little traffic and it is fun to wander the streets. We stayed at Hotel Don Miguel which overlooks the gorgeous gorge. If you have a car be certain to visit the caves which are located just a few kilometers outside of town. You can also visit some of the nearby white pueblos if you have time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2287 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments