Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21927 - 04/22/03 01:24 AM visiting Spain in July
Trey Offline

Loc: CA, US
I will be visiting Spain for the first time, can you suggest any places of interest to visit while I am there for a month.

Thanks

#21928 - 04/22/03 10:43 AM Re: visiting Spain in July
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
It's HOT!

So, maybe you'd want to go North. If you are in Madrid or places south, try to go out early or late. I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions here.

#21929 - 04/22/03 05:35 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
that_girl Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I went to Spain last year at the end of July, beginning of August and yes, it was far hotter than I thought it would be! At least in Madrid (104F, nearly that even at night). Following the cue of most Madrileños, I fled Madrid and went north - to Gijón in the Asturias district. It was gorgeous in Gijón, and even rained a little. It was still warm enough to go out to the beach and wear a very light jacket at night. In rained most of the time I was in Bilbao and the first day I was in Barcelona. I loved BCN. I highly recommend it. By the time I returned to Madrid near the middle of August it had cooled down and the city was nearly devoid of people, which is strange to see.

The heat in Madrid must not have been too much for me though, cause I'm returning this year again in July. Maybe I am trying to have a "real" summer - as almost everyone knows, San Francisco is not exactly warm in July. I hesitate to repeat what Mark Twain said about SF, it's far too often said!

#21930 - 04/23/03 02:01 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
that_girl writes:
Quote:
Following the cue of most Madrileños, I fled Madrid and went north - to Gijón in the Asturias district. It was gorgeous in Gijón, and even rained a little.
"Asturias district" is Principality (and Autonomous Community) of Asturias!
Quote:
By the time I returned to Madrid near the middle of August it had cooled down and the city was nearly devoid of people, which is strange to see.
Most Madrileños get the month of August as their vacation month. So the people you encounter in Madrid in August are likely to be Tourists, like you.

#21931 - 04/23/03 11:26 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
Trey Offline

Loc: CA, US
Thanks all!

So how about special events or places of interest?

smile

#21932 - 04/24/03 08:12 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
that_girl Offline

Eddie -

Yes, I know I should have quoted my window sticker for the "Principado de Asturias". I have heard my friend from Gijón (who works for their city council) refer to it as "district". I think he was trying to think of an English word to describe the area that Gijón is in and used "district", so that must have been where I got it.

When I was in Madrid I was with my Madrileño boyfriend, so of course I met people he knew and didn't meet any other tourists. I don't care either way who I meet or run into, the city is beautiful when full of people or not and I'm happy meeting anyone from anywhere.

Trey - I don't know what you are into music and club wise, but there is a 5-day fiesta in Gijón at the end of July/beginning of August called "EuroYeYe". It's a 60s/mod thing with movies, 2 rooms in each club (soul music in one and more rock/psych music in the other) every night until at least 8am, bands from all over Europe, art shows, beach, and lots of cool people. Email me if you want more information. It's definitely not the ordinary tourist destination!

#21933 - 05/16/03 05:01 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
Jonathan23 Offline

Loc: NJ
I see a lot of people are going to be in Madrid during July. cool How old is everyone and where is everyone from? Me and a few friends will be in Madrid in July as well. Maybe we can hang out with some people that know their way around? wink

#21934 - 05/16/03 06:04 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
that_girl Offline

I'm 33, but young at heart. I'll be in Madrid from July 9 to 19. It might be nice to meet up to go to a museum or have a coffee.

...Syd

#21935 - 05/19/03 07:51 AM Re: visiting Spain in July
Antti Offline

Loc: Finland
Hello, my first post cool
I'm also coming to Madrid in july, maybe not before the last week though.
I'm coming from Finland and my girlfriend is coming from Brasil. If you're planning a meeting or something, we would like to join you guys! smile

#21936 - 05/22/03 08:40 PM Re: visiting Spain in July
Jonathan23 Offline

Loc: NJ
Hi All,

Yeah it would be cool to hang out but we're only going to be in Madrid from the 19th - 28th frown

Anyone going to be in Madrid during this time...to hang out? laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1850 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments