Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21341 - 11/12/02 12:50 PM Tarifa Spain
Selena Offline

Hello,
Has anyone stayed there? I hear it can be very windy and may not be right for sitting on the beach or shopping around town. Please tell me your experiences.

Thank you
Selena

#21342 - 11/12/02 01:12 PM Re: Tarifa Spain
Guapetona Offline

tarifa is famous for its windsurfing..competitions are held here frequently. the beach is wonderful in the summer..there are large dunes all over and the beach is quite wide. the city is alooooot of fun..full of bars and young people! i was very surprised the last time i went..i think most people go to the beach and skip the town..where there is alot going on. laugh laugh Tarifa Web
(spanish site)

#21343 - 11/12/02 06:06 PM Re: Tarifa Spain
WB Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
They do sometimes have problems with "levante" (sand being kicked up by the wind).

Winston

#21344 - 11/13/02 08:48 AM Re: Tarifa Spain
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Tarifa is a lot of fun! We camped on the coast just a few kilometres north of the town on eight or nine weekends this year.

Spent the days on the beach, with Friday night at any of the cheap and good restaurants on the coast and then Saturday we'd get the special bus into town. This stopped at all the camp sites on the way and came back regularly through the night, the last one leaving the town at 3.30 am. With the fare at one Euro fifty, it is a great incentive to leave the car behind and have a couple of drinks eek in a great atmosphere in Tarifa town. Lots of different nationalities, young and not so young, all types of food and an all-round good time to be had by everyone.

As for the wind, yes, it can be blowy there, because it is a Mecca for windsurfers and their sails and kites in the sky make for a fantastic sight. Having said that, there was only one or maybe two days when it was uncomfortable to be on the beach but usually it is fine. In fact one of the main reasons we go there is because being on the Atlantic coast, the cooler winds are much more welcoming than the hotter Costa del Sol in summer. Accomodation varies from the camp sites, where you can find bungalows for rent too, hostels and excellent hotels.

That's a good site recommended by Guapetona and you could also try this one too, http://www.tarifa.net/html/basetaronline.html where I have linked to the page with the "Tourist test" on it, as it's a bit of a laugh, although the main site is excellent too!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments