Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#21001 - 07/20/02 11:18 PM Tourist Offices in Spain
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Spain is sprinkled with “Oficinas de Turismo,” and I’d like to sing their praises a bit here. You can learn everything about an area in one of these offices, from what to see, to how to get there, and where to stay. I went to many in my recent visit to Spain, and was never disappointed. I got local maps and great advice. They hand out loads of pamphlets, and it’s all free. The people who work there are just waiting for visitors to come and ask for help. Use them! Just follow the signs with the lower case i in italics. They’re a fantastic resource!

#21002 - 07/21/02 11:44 AM Re: Tourist Offices in Spain
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I could not agree with you more, Diana. I got excellent advice from the tourist offices I visited in Spain. They gave me invaluable information and were well informed.The one in Segovia was particularly helpful. Even though it was freezing last december and snowing, the young woman there, helped me find a taxi to get me up the hill to visit the Castle.

I must add that I am also very pleased with the Tourist Office here in the U.S. I recently called the office for brochures for my trip next year and within five business day, I received a parcel filled with maps brochures, catalogs and such.

You can e-mail their Internet site at the Miami Spanish Tourist Office located at 1221 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131.
Their Phone: 1 (305) 358-1992.

If you want to get their wonderful city maps contact the main Madrid office:

Madrid General Directorate for Tourism at Príncipe de Vergara 132
E-28000 Madrid
Spain
Phone: 0 (91) 580 24 41

Wonderful service for the traveler! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1910 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments