Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20925 - 06/27/02 09:08 PM Has anyone done kontiki in spain?
salsaking Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Has anyone done a Kontiki through Spain? How was it and will you do it again?

#20926 - 06/27/02 10:12 PM Re: Has anyone done kontiki in spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
confused What's a Kontiki? confused

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#20927 - 06/27/02 10:29 PM Re: Has anyone done kontiki in spain?
Espe3 Offline

Its a travel agency that does tours.. but I think its spelt with a C?

#20928 - 06/29/02 12:51 AM Re: Has anyone done kontiki in spain?
alabina Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
You're right, it's spelled Contiki. I haven't done one my friend friend did. Basically they are prearranged tour like Globus and mainly for the under 35 crowd. My friend went on a European one. Sure she saw a lot of not any flexibility or free time. Imagine going to Rome, driving to the Coleseum, getting off the bus, taking a quick peek, then onto the bus to the next country! When when the brochure says, visit, you get off the bus, but in Belgium, she drove right through! Didn't even sample a chocolate laugh !!!
I think if you're a novice traveller and want to be told where to go, where to eat, etc, then try it out. Esp. if you are young, and going by yourself. But if you are going with a friend why not explore yourself? That's just my opinion because I'm not a tour type of person.

#20929 - 06/29/02 11:48 AM Re: Has anyone done kontiki in spain?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I have never done Contiki. I would suggest trying Busabout.( www.busabout.com ) Busabout allows for more flexibility, and gives you more control than Contiki, yet you still will meet lots of people if you are traveling solo! :p

#20930 - 07/15/02 01:33 AM Re: Has anyone done kontiki in spain?
sulin Offline

I did a contiki tour that ended up in madrid... actually, i felt the tour was pretty good value for money, the only problem we had with it was that they screwed up the accomadation in madrid... instead of the scheduled two nights in madrid, we ended up staying one night in guadalajara ( which is prolly 80-100 km out of madrid and in the middle of NOTHING) and only one night left to explore madrid.....

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1780 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments