Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20881 - 06/08/02 11:45 PM Coastal BCN->Valencia trip? What to see?
RL Offline

Hey travel guys and girls,
my girlfriend and I are flying into Barcelona in late June and will spend ~2 weeks in Spain. Our plan was to look around Barcelona for a few days and then head south down the coast, going no deeper than Valencia as we fly back out of Barcelona. We aren't looking to see every major tourist spot, etc. Rather, we would like to stay off the beaten path and enjoy some time relaxing in smaller places and beaches...unless of course you recommend otherwise smile Budget is around $150USD per day. We can either rent a car or travel by train, but I heard trains are quite poor down the coast. Does our route sound sensible? I can't find much info on the area between the two cites but I am certain there must be cool little towns and great beaches!

Can someone please help us out with some ideas, destinations, places to avoid, etc?

Thanks
RL

#20882 - 06/09/02 03:32 PM Re: Coastal BCN->Valencia trip? What to see?
joey Offline

RL:

My family is doing something similar. We're flying into Barcelona on 7/3. Will stay there 3 days then head out of town for 10 more.

Current plan (which is very flexible) is to travel to Tarragona, then over to Montblanc, then to Monserrat, then maybe to Cordona.
I've never been to these places. I'm relying entirely on guidebooks.

If you get any great ideas or suggestions, please pass them along.

thanks

#20883 - 06/10/02 10:38 AM Re: Coastal BCN->Valencia trip? What to see?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I suggest you visit Montserrat as an overnight trip. The last tourist bus goes down the mountain by 5pm or so, leaving you virtually alone up there. That's a great time to see the basilica, then wake up early, take a hike through the mountains, and definitely see the museo there--the art is fantastic, and you'll beat the crowds in the morning. The hotel up there is really nice and quite reasonable, but be prepared to hear the church bells tolling all night--that's all part of the atmosphere.
On your way to Valencia, you might stop in Peniscola. There is a beautiful old part with a great castle right on the water. The beach is crowded, but the old city is wonderful.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1789 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments