Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20733 - 05/09/02 04:50 AM Back from Spain - already missing it all....
palice Offline

Loc: Prague, Czech republic
Hello everyone,
back home after arriving yesterday midnight and feeling as it it all was a dream - Sevilla, Cadiz and Jerez de la Frontera with the Horse fair - laugh laugh laugh MARVELLLOUS laugh laugh laugh time we had. I will certainly post a few more topics with reviews on separate subjects; that is when I get through all the piles of work nicely waiting here.... rolleyes I am already envying to all those of you preparing for the journey to Spain frown

#20734 - 05/09/02 09:28 AM Re: Back from Spain - already missing it all....
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I arrived at Chicago O'Hare yesterday afternoon with very mixed feelings... frown I already miss Madrid! So few days there!

Though I am happy to be home, I wish I were spending a few more weeks there. There was still so much to see and do, so much more life to enjoy!
I will say that the best thing about Madrid was the people I met! laugh You made the most difference in my stay! wink (I'm quite sure it would have been so different without all of you! rolleyes )

The rain in Spain falls mainly where I go! Or so it seemed! The first day I arrived in Madrid, I believe it must have been more than 25 C. cool I was ecstatic! The two hour + drive to Salamanca was lovely, though I admit I spent more time dozing off than talking with the driver or admiring the rolling hills, the poppy, the landscape quilted with stone walls. It made me imagine what the fields were like in the British Isles, but Spain was sunnier and warmer!

The days soon became much cooler--well, downright cold for most, actually! frown Well, looking back to my questions and post regarding packing, Baloney! I brought the jean jacket, which was great for a few days, but I think, I could have used the trench coat, too! I didn't get to wear many of the skirts I brought, for obvious reasons...and I wished I had brought more pants! But I am happy to have brought an umbrella with me! Hey, I know, I know I'm from Chicago, but at least here, I can dress appropriately!

Well, cold, rainy or not, I had the BEST and most WONDERFUL time in Spain . Toledo was great! Of course, I didn't know most of the museums were closed on Mondays in Toledo! I knew most of the Madrid attractions would be, so it was logical to go outside of the city for my excursion...We didn't get out of the city until after noon, but the drive to and the walks along the wet cobbled streets of Toledo was quite an adventure! Thank goodness for hot cafe con leche and great company! It made the damp day, a fun one! I even lost our maps...well, I lost the good one laugh . It must have disintegrated in the rain! BTW, I never found it in my bag nor my clothes wink

Well, I have to get some pictures developed. I hope to add them to my posts...I really miss being there! There are still so many things I wanted to see and do...maybe someday soon I will get the chance!

Wyndyl

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2773 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments