Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#20681 - 04/19/02 02:44 PM Order of itinerary and when--April or May?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
We're planning a trip to Spain with some friends. Since one couple must be home (prior commitment) the last weekend in April, please give me some advice, taking into account the itinerary I have planned.

1. Arrive Barajas, drive to Turegano (easy drive) and spend three/four nights exploring Segovia, Pedraza, the castillos, etc. (We've done this before--the Hostal El Zaguan is a good bet.)

2. Continue to Trujillo where we will spend three nights (nice country home outside of town), exploring the city, Caceres and Guadalupe. (Also "been there, done that" but definitely feel it's a must for our friends and I would love to do it again!)

3. Drive, via Zafra (maybe Merida?) to Carmona and use it as a base to explore both Sevilla and Cordoba--[perhaps four nights).

4. Drive to Sanlucar de Barrameda for a one night stay--to visit the Parque Coto Doņana.

5. Drive the route of the pueblos blancos, basing ourselves near Gaucin (or wherever) for four nights so that we can visit Ronda, Estepona, perhaps Marbella/Puerto Banus AND do some hiking in the area.

6. Continue to Granada, with an early start, where we would spend one night--with the Alhambra and Cathedral our primary destinations.

7. Drive north to Toledo for two nights (no talking me out of this!!), perhaps visiting Consuegra and the windmills en route.

8. Ditch the car in Madrid and spend as many days as we possibly can there!!!

I'm considering a three week itinerary but am afraid that our friends will balk at the amount of time.

We could reverse the order somewhat and take the train to Sevilla/Carmona upon arrival then continue with the pueblos blancos, etc. But the question remains: when? April or May?

One other issue: we do not want to be in Sevilla during Semana Santa. (I have no idea when it is.) But the April Fair might be nice. Also, I understand there's a prettiest patio "contest" in Cordoba the beginning of May? And when's the best time to visit Coto Doņana Park? Do Segovia and Trujillo remain cold until well into May?

I'm sorry. I've researched but would like your opinions. Thanks for your help!!

#20682 - 04/19/02 02:55 PM Re: Order of itinerary and when--April or May?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Just a quick note;
In Spain, this is what we say about April:
'En Abril, aguas mil', this means it's the month of the year with a higher percentage of rainy days (and this one's being a good proof of that)
On the other hand, we call May 'el mes de las flores', because everything is in full bloom, and I for one looove that! laugh

#20683 - 04/19/02 03:20 PM Re: Order of itinerary and when--April or May?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Thanks, Pim!! That's good enough for me. May it will be!! Not too hot in Andalucia??

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2063 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments